Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding randomize node to bifrost aero combustion settings

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
C85495197
168 Views, 4 Replies

Adding randomize node to bifrost aero combustion settings

Hi I'm new to bifrost and have been following this tutorial Maya VFX Series: Fire Effect using Bifröst Aero - YouTube, I got to the timestamp - 26:22 and then the tutorial uses a custom randomize node. Since I don't have access to the exact one the video uses I tried experimenting with the different randomise options - I tried to add a 'randomise geo property' and changed the parameters to .5 and 4 although I don't think it's made any difference.

If anyone knows how to use/make/add a randomize node I'd really appreciate it.

-Thank you!

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sepu6
in reply to: C85495197

Open the Bifrost browser and the `burning_barrel` example then you gonna find the random node that he is using. 

Then copy and paste or even better save it as your own compound so you can reuse it later on.

maya_dufz464dPw.png

Message 3 of 5
C85495197
in reply to: sepu6

Thanks I managed to find it! 🙂

Message 4 of 5
C85495197
in reply to: sepu6

So I managed to copy and paste the compounds, but I was wondering how to save them? I tried following a tutorial on YT and managed to save a .json file, but now I can't seem to open it very easily - I was wondering if you had any ideas?

Message 5 of 5

Saving compounds (also known as publishing compounds) will indeed save the compound for later reuse by yourself. You can find published compounds in the tab menu alongside all the other compounds.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report