Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing bif input info on certain frame?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kmdaniel
470 Views, 6 Replies

Accessing bif input info on certain frame?

Hi!

Is there a way to get bifrost's input, or certain nodes time/frame specific state in bifrost?

For example: the input is an animated geometry sequence, and I want to get the first frame as a "rest" reference inside bifrost.

Or more  want to get certain frame of my simulation?

Or, getting the last frame's result?

Thanks

Daniel

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Are you okay with caching the output first?

Message 3 of 7

Yeah, I guess that is inevitable.

I just checked quickly the caching options, but haven't found 'current frame' input value (desired frame in my case).

Message 4 of 7

If you're willing to cache your results, then it should be easy. Just use the time node to get the current frame and cache the geometry on your start frame with any of the caching nodes (file_cache, write_Bifrost_object, write_OpenVDB etc.). Then you can use the corresponding read node to load the geometry back in.

An even better solution might be to use feedback ports, again using the time node to store the start frame, and carry it forward to the later frames.

Message 5 of 7

Here's an example of using feedback ports.

feedback.png

Message 6 of 7

I just noticed, that the simplest compound is able to replicate what I want: 

kmdaniel_0-1605695371873.png

This basically just does a feedback with the first input, this way, blocking it from updating per frame.

Message 7 of 7

Your compound will work although you won't be able to reset it easily by going back to the start frame. You can still reset it by forcing a graph recompile though. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums