Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About acquisition of location information

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kyororin8732
244 Views, 6 Replies

About acquisition of location information

Hello. I understand that the position information of each vertex can be obtained by get_point_postion. I want to get the position information (X, Y, Z) of the cube object (complex of vertices). As an example, a simple program that adds the information of the cube at the cube (0,10,0) and the sphere at the position of (0,40,0) to make a new cube (0,50,0). I want to assemble. What I want to do is to add the amount moved from the initial one according to the movement of the position.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Could you try to elaborate or perhaps make an illustration showing what you are trying to do?

Message 3 of 7

Hello. I'm sorry I couldn't explain it well. Let's summarize what I want to do! I will post again.

Message 4 of 7

Are you talking about the centroid of the object?

Jason Brown
Software Developer, Bifrost
Message 5 of 7

Hello! I want to get the coordinates of an object (X, Y, Z) I want to know the axis and position.

Message 6 of 7

The position is the easy part, The Rebel Pack has "compute_centroid_from_points" which will give you the centroid position of the object, or you can average all the position values of the point.  Finding the axis is a little harder, and harder to understand, do you mean the orientation of the object?  

Jason Brown
Software Developer, Bifrost
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for answering my question! Is the level pack an extension? I find it useful to know the image of an object. I didn't think about the direction this time, but I would like to understand it as a research for future understanding.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report