Did you mean: 

Unable to Open .CAD files

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
npolignan
1482 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to Open .CAD files

Hello,

I have .CAD files that I want to open in Autocad but I cannot. I no longer have Autosketch. Does any body still have a copy that they can convert some files to PDF? These files are old but essential for work.

It is only a couple of iles.

Thank you,

Nicolas

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
thixoman
in reply to: npolignan

I feel yur pain

I keep all my progs, ,

reply to this post or, ,

crosby_a@hotmail.com

or, ,

text 403 899 2237

Message 3 of 6
Willjoe2442

The most common reason you'll have difficulty opening a file is a lack of free disk space. If you encounter errors attempting to open files, check whether you have adequate free disk space on all your drives. If you've recently installed AutoCAD but you can't start it, you may have a configuration problem.

Regards,

Will

Message 4 of 6
Kevin.Hutch
in reply to: Willjoe2442

Unfortunately the main reason that files can not be opened by current software is file compatibility and Autosketch does open many old CAD files allowing them to be saved in many formats including dwg, dxf, jpg & pdf. 

When Autodesk abandoned Autosketch they left no way of updating or converting the thousandss if not millions of old Autosketch drawings without a working copy of Autosketch which they ceased to make available from 2008.

Hence the primary reason this forum still exists.

Autosketch can open many vector formats and save in raster formats, the reverse can not be said and as far as I am aware is not possible.

Kevin Hutch
Be part of the solution not part of the problem
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 5 of 6
lillnaxxy

I'm sorry, but I can't help you change your.CAD files to.PDF files. But you could try to change your files using an online CAD file converter like CAD File Converter. You can also find out what kinds of tools can open. CAD files and see if you can find something that works for you.

Message 6 of 6
thixoman

hello, , ,send a few of them, ,  will see if i can open an send back, ,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report