Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rendering on autosketch 10

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
treeguy
709 Views, 5 Replies

rendering on autosketch 10

I am a landscape architect, and have been using autosketch for 20 years.  I am used to the program, and was disappointed when it was announced that there would no longer be any more autosketch versions, or support.  I know there are other programs out there, such as Vector Works, Dynascape, and even Autocad lite, but I prefer to stay with Autosketch 10.  Many other programs allow for one to render (color) their plans, and to have what is called opacity, where one can see through symbols.  I know I could color my symbols, and other areas on my landscape plans, just by filling my objects and symbols with a solid color, but other CAD programs have the opacity option.  So, does anyone out there no if there is a way to add an opacity color fill option to Autosketch 10.  Sure wish they would have continued with Autosketch, I even would have paid for an ongoing yearly subscription, like all of the other CAD programs out there.  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Fred9002
in reply to: treeguy

I know that this isn't a real answer to your question, but one way to make something "show through" when they overlap is to to select it and then Edit->Arrange->Move to front 

Message 3 of 6
treeguy
in reply to: Fred9002

Fred,

Thank you for responding. I forgot about that option, and will try it.
If would be nice though it there was a way to customize a setting with
colors to make them more translucent, or to make opaque symbols. Thanks again.
Message 4 of 6
Fred9002

As a step, I would think that it would be pretty simple to let us edit the RGB values (they even display them in "properties") which would expand choices in that area.  Then we'd have like 16 million choices instead of about 200.

I'm guessing that adding transparency would be a more complex change. 

Message 5 of 6
Fred9002
in reply to: Fred9002

Looks like  we can pick custom RGB values in graphic options

Message 6 of 6
Kevin.Hutch

I often use a white fill background the ctrl F to place it in the foreground then place the required image in front of that.

Kevin Hutch
Be part of the solution not part of the problem
(61) 4 0887 1538

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report