AutoSketch
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting to DWG inserts unexpected texts (but only on specific machine)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
589 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting to DWG inserts unexpected texts (but only on specific machine)

Hello,

Whenever a SKF file is exported (File -> Save as... ) to DWG on one specific computer the DWG contains some unexpected texts.

The same SKF on a different computer (but with comparable applications installed) works fine.

The computer with the bad behaviour:

Windows 7 Professional 64bit (German)

AutoSketch10

It worked totally fine on the same machine under Windows Vista 32bit (German) (but I don't expect the OS to be the reason for the issue - except maybe changes regarding how the OS handles text encodings maybe!?)

Different versions of DWG format were tried (2000,2004,2007) but without any change regarding the problem.

Example of such an "unexpected value" would be:

,6457334185;

added multiple times in existing texts.

I guess there might be some software component not installed, which AutoSketch would need (but also doesn't ask for), like something of Microsoft's .Net or whatever. Or maybe something regarding text encoding or whatever (just some ideas).

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Fred9002
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know the answer but a few things to explore might be: 

Is its position a part of a text string or text symbol in AS? 

Is it a part of the text in a dimension? 

If so, see what font it is in in AS, and then see what the font of the surprise text is. 

Sometimes some fonts can make unusual things happen, particularly when the original font is not present on the machine. Symbols (including the symbols used in the dimension formatting dialog box) can get converted into weird things.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report