Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download for AutoSketch 10

59 REPLIES 59
Message 1 of 60
smphillipsTCU28
37399 Views, 59 Replies

I am looking for an ISO of the AutoSketch 10 Software. I had a user reload on a machine and the media was damaged I have my serial number is there a secure download location where I can input my serial for a download site?

59 REPLIES 59
Message 2 of 60
pendean
in reply to: smphillipsTCU28

Autodesk no longer hosts a download for the product: no one else does either for fear of the big dog slamming them for it.

You'll have to try eBay and purchase a disk if no one around here volunteers to offer one to you.
Message 3 of 60
Fred9002
in reply to: pendean

I think before Autodesk blessed someone being able to give the CD contents to someone, of course with no license number.  So it would only work for someone with a license (#).   There are probably people here willing to help but not to, in addition finding a way to get the media to them, having to go through the whole "is it OK?" conversation.  Could someone from Autodesk give us a reading on this? 

Message 4 of 60
smphillipsTCU28
in reply to: Fred9002

I do have my license# I am just not providing it on this open forum I would be willing in a technical support chat of some sort and keeping a secure FTP site with the ISO's of the legacy software doesn't seem far fetched for a software company.

Message 5 of 60
pendean

OP just needs the software, their old media is damaged.
Message 6 of 60
pendean
in reply to: smphillipsTCU28

Autosketch is dead at Autodesk, no "technical support" is going to reach out to you, not a legitimate one anyway.

You need to look for a working disk on the open market or here is someone wants to share the content with you. Good luck.
Message 7 of 60
Fred9002

OK, let's put it another way.  Autodesk, I know that you monitor this albeit without providing support.  This regards situations where the person just wants the AutoSketch files.from the CD (no license numbers).  So the receiver can't use them unless they have a license number.   If it is not OK for someone to give them the files, please tell us here.   

Message 8 of 60

I know this thread is 3 months old.

But nonetheless, you could just look at the official Autodesk Virtual Agent. There might be exactly what you need.

Message 9 of 60
ant-koll

Message 10 of 60

Here you find a Download for AutoSketch 10 (english).

It also runs at a 64 bit OS (WINDOSW 7).

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 11 of 60

Didn't the link I posted above help you?

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 60
jim-hopkins
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

The links are broken.

Message 13 of 60
pendean
in reply to: jim-hopkins

Dead product, most downloads are scam sites trying to take over your computer. Beware.

Message 14 of 60
Kevin.Hutch

The number of views of this thread should ring alarm bells for someone at Autodesk that there is a reasonable demand for a way of accessing these old Autosketch drawing files.

I know many of us old users have converted files for the desperate, but most do not want to share the files with a third party Autosketch user just to get them converted.

Kevin Hutch
Be part of the solution not part of the problem
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 15 of 60
pendean
in reply to: Kevin.Hutch

FWIW No one at Autodesk is going to notice a 14 reply message that started life almost exactly 3-years ago. Now, if this was 500-1000 over the last week or month it would get noticed by the forums managers, but they have no one to contact since this is a dead product and pretty much anyone that worked on it probably moved on back in the year 1999 when it was terminated.

Message 16 of 60
Kevin.Hutch

I was referring to the 15,391 views that show interest rather than the 14 who replied, but either way I guess you are right 15,388 still does not constitute product viability.

The time has clearly gone for a simple program that read .skf and converted them to a format that Auto Cad could read, most have either gone elsewhere or given up. Still a PDF converter that would allow old drawings to be read would help.

Although I am still surprised how many still visit here to see if there is any news.

Kevin Hutch
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 17 of 60
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Kevin.Hutch

@Kevin.Hutch wrote:

... I guess you are right 15,388 still does not constitute product viability.

I don't see it that way. Also in a german-speaking AutoSketch forum this topic is again and again present. Threads concerning this topic had in the last years also over 20.000 views. In other countries the tendency might be similar. I'm not a marketing expert, but these frequent requests confirm that there is a great need to be able to use older (AutoSketch-) databases with up-to-date software.
I support the wish to be able to open AutoSketch files in AutoCAD - or at least to offer a workaround (e.g. via PDF as suggested by @Kevin.Hutch ). 

my 2ct

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 18 of 60

My autosketch appears to have become corrupted the serial number was xxx-xxxxxxxx May I have a fresh down load please.

Kind regards,

Laurence Penman

Message 19 of 60
pendean
in reply to: lauriepenman
Message 20 of 60
Kevin.Hutch
in reply to: lauriepenman

Are you asking for a new serial number or a download copy of the program.

How did you get the original copy if it was on a CD the serial number should be on the packaging if you downloaded it the serial number should be in the attached email.

Autodesk have no provision for those that have lost their original and do not reissue serial numbers, but if you still have the serial number let us know and we will see how you can be helped.

Kevin Hutch
(61) 4 0887 1538

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report