Did you mean: 

Autosketch 9 missing acge16.dll in windows 8.1

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
MableMaude
11083 Views, 7 Replies

Autosketch 9 missing acge16.dll in windows 8.1

I am trying to install Autosketch 9 on my new Windows 8.1 machine. Install seems to go well. Sketch.exe is in the expected location and shows up in my list of available applications. But when I try to start it, I get a messabe box saying it cannot run because AcGe16.dll is missing.

I tried repairing the installation. No change.

I uninstalled it; disabled virus protection; reinstalled. No change.

What now? I know this is an old version, but I do not use it enough to want to upgrade.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: MableMaude

Autosketch was designed for Windows XP. No fix.

Visit Microsoft's websitre and look for tips on running old software is some sort of XP-mode or virtual-mode to get your old software to work.
Message 3 of 8
MableMaude

Dean--

Thank you. I ran the windows compatibility wizard on Autosketch and "a miricle occurred". It no longer reports a missing dll and seems to run just fine using XP compatibility settings.

Message 4 of 8

To confirm the same error message appears after install in Windows 10....started OK on the second time of asking.

Had previously cross-checked with a working version of AS9 on Win7 and the the dll file was there and in the correct location. May be Win10 (& Win8 before it) takes time to register this file.

T

Message 5 of 8
dee_da
in reply to: pendean

I have the same dll error and don't see how to cure it help!!
Message 6 of 8
dee_da

I don't see how to fix the missing dll file on autosketch 9 help!
thank you!
Message 7 of 8
anthony.coxBMFZC
in reply to: dee_da

I am not sure what you have done.

• I installed Autosketch 9 from the disk (it did not work).
  • The error indicated the missing DLL file.
  • I checked for this file and its location on a working version of AS9 running on Win7.
  • I repeated this on the Win10 PC and found the same DLL file had actually installed in exactly the same location (correctly named directories etc)
  • When I ran Win10 again AS9 loaded without error - suggesting it needed another attempt to register.

I assume this would work for Win8

The file and its location is

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\acge16.dll

T

Message 8 of 8

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report