Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Products Failed to Install Result = 1603

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
camilo.lemos
447 Views, 2 Replies

Some of you may remember our recent Installation Log post, walking through the process of troubleshooting install errors via the Autodesk Installation and Licensing Forums.

Today we’re diving deeper and showcasing one of the most common errors out there, Some Products Failed to Install, Result = 1603, and the corresponding steps needed to combat it, courtesy of Expert Elite member Travis Nave.

Camilo Lemos

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

It's a long story. Updated everything, ran Word and Excel (32 bit versions) and saved a file in each. Installed Product Design Suite Ultimate with zero problems. Things were perfect. Two days later there was an important update to an access database engine 2010. That update would not install. I deleted that program, downloaded a 32 bit version of that program and then the update installed in a flash. However most of the autodesk icons disappeared. The programs would open from the progams folder but there were tons of error messages. So I uninstalled all autodesk programs. Now zero autodesk programs will reinstall.

What I plan to do is buy a new hard drive, install windows 7 professional and a 64 bit office 2013 and then install the Product Design Suite Ultimate. I am mildly curious about what went wrong with the first hard drive where, after uninstalling Autodesk stuff, nothing would reinstall. My main question is whether this history of a previous installation will prevent me from installing the Suite to a new hard drive AND to a laptop in the future.

Message 3 of 3
jessica.t
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi @Anonymous,

Please post your question in our Installation and Licensing forum for better visibility. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report