Community
Autodesk Drive Forum
Welcome to Autodesk's Autodesk Drive Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Drive topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Autodesk Drive Forum!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
donthis
3179 Views, 6 Replies

Welcome to the Autodesk Drive Forum!

Autodesk Drive is a cloud storage solution that allows individuals and small teams to organize, preview, and share any type of design or model data in a central location in the cloud. Drive is a completely new ground-up purpose-built technology solution that is offered as a subscription benefit to some of the desktop product subscriptions. Autodesk Drive support over 50+ CAD file formats for viewing and sharing.

Drive comes with Desktop Connector utility that can be installed on the computer. Desktop Connector is a great way to manage your cloud data on the computer without having to download all the files. Desktop Connector also understands referenced data when you drop files into the connected Drive.

Autodesk Drive Online Help:  https://help.autodesk.com/view/DRIVE/ENU/

If you have any questions on the above or need help, be sure to use this forum. We've created it to support you wherever we can.

Srikanth Donthi

Sr. Product Manager

Srikanth Donthi
Sr. Product Manager
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ccookusi
in reply to: donthis

When in windows explorer, why does it take a 2-3 seconds to get into the folder?

Dropbox and google drive are instantaneous.

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram
Message 3 of 7
asiteur
in reply to: ccookusi

Hi there,

It does take a moment for your folder to load.

The difference you notice with the mentioned services is an architectural difference;

Dropbox etc sync data to your drive: they contiuously monitor the local and clouddata and sync changes. The data is always present locally.

Autodesk Drive does not store the data locally, until it is requested. Which makes sense cause your hub may grow terrabytes big.

Drive always loads an up to date list of your cloud data, there is no sync lag and only the requested data is copied locally.

So by design, this is slightly slower when loading, but for CAD data it makes much sense.

I do agree that the initial loading time could be reduced.

Hope that helps.

Alexander Siteur
Project Engineer at MARIN | NL
LinkedIn

Message 4 of 7
ccookusi
in reply to: asiteur

Thanks for the explanation..

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I would like to know how can I do the Autocad download, I'm new here this is my first time using Autocad.

Message 6 of 7
loj_143_360

How can I access my old files. 2018

Message 7 of 7
lonermiker

Can I use the first person feature on my tablet or phone?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report