Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robot Structural Analysis Extension for Revit 2022 repeatly needs update but then tells already installed

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sbarlage
2214 Views, 6 Replies

Robot Structural Analysis Extension for Revit 2022 repeatly needs update but then tells already installed

Hi,

since 7 days the Desktop App tells me that there is an update of Robot Structural Analysis Extension for Revit 2022. I've installed it on first day (only Microsoft Antivirus is active here) and the Desktop App remove the entry. A few hours later the same Update is shown again. If I try to install it, the installer tells me "already installed". The entry at Desktop App will be removed. After next Update Check the Entry is shown again.

How to fix this?

sbarlage_0-1629871457674.png

Regards

Stefan

Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sbarlage

I had to go to Programs and Features in Control Panel and uninstall the previous Robot Structural extension to get the new one to install. This happens fairly regularly with these extensions and updates and it's one of the reasons it would be really useful to have pick-and-choose capability built into Desktop App. I'm talking to you, Autodesk.  

Message 3 of 7
sbarlage
in reply to: Anonymous

Thats it, thank you. It's a bit wired.
Could Autodesk fix that please?
Message 4 of 7
pendean

@sbarlage No one here is Autodesk, we are all end users just like you.

If you want to tell Autodesk, start a support ticket at your accounts page here then reach out to technical support https://manage.autodesk.com/home/

Message 5 of 7
sbarlage
in reply to: pendean

@pendean I wrote that because im frustrated by autodesk.
1. I click at the Desktop App to report a problem and was send to this forum and not to support center.
2. I think they will red this forum too.
3. The Installers are overloaded with things that are doing things at the PC that are not known (Autodesk itself tells me to switch of the Antivirus while installing!)
Message 6 of 7
rkmcswain

1. Autodesk is all about self-support. It costs them less $$ if you can help yourself, so they direct people here.

2. I doubt it, and even if they do, you are much better off getting a ticket in the system as opposed to just chatting with a random employee in the forums, who has no obligation to fix your issue.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 7
pendean

Frustration understood. These forums don't work like you wish or hope or misguided to believe, they never have, I've been posting and answering posts for 20+years in Autodesk-owned/sponsored support forum's various formats and I have yet to see an actual software design team engage with customers in them beyond the usual blow-off "... I will forward to the appropriate team to review..." which you and I know means the middle-finger.

But... in addition to my earlier post, Autodesk staff that are involved with REVIT and that can actually do anything about add-ins etc. look here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/idb-p/302 so now you have a second option to be heard too.

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report