Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App Shows updates that are already installed

36 REPLIES 36
SOLVED
Message 1 of 37
stephen.clarke4UN49
5521 Views, 36 Replies

Desktop App Shows updates that are already installed

Afternoon All 

I am running Autocad 2023 & Inventor 2023

The desktop app is listing updates available for my products, when i click them it goes through the process only to report that this update is already installed ? 

Is this because we where late installing 2023, and the version i have installed had the updates already bundled in them ?

The updates disappear from the list afterwards

Any idea's as this is frustrating to say the least 

Steve

Tags (1)
36 REPLIES 36
Message 2 of 37
alanb
in reply to: stephen.clarke4UN49

I have the same issue, only they don't clear. They stay on my suggested updates page(s) forever, making difficult to sort thru the valid ones and the bogus ones. Is there a way to CLEAR the updates displayed on the Desktop App, to start fresh?

Message 3 of 37

One of the updates appears again this morning 

Capture- AUTOCAD.JPG

Capture- AUTOCAD1.JPG

Message 4 of 37

i've been having the same issue. Autodesk's tech support is pretty useless, their typical response is uninstall and start fresh which didn't work. Would it be that hard to add a "hide this update" button?

Message 5 of 37

@stephen.clarke4UN49 @Anonymous @seanbrooks ADA is broken, no fix, it is what it is, you can always uninstall it or just turn it off and use it sparingly and with deliberate intent (FOMO is not a real thing).
Message 6 of 37

Thank you,

I will just ignore it then.

Un installing as not an easy option as i have to then go to the IT dept. and explain why i want it removed and this is more trouble than ignoring notifications.

Steve 

Message 7 of 37
lancermandc_co_za
in reply to: pendean

Not really a solution, is it?

Message 8 of 37
pendean
in reply to: lancermandc_co_za

@lancermandc_co_za wrote:

Not really a solution, is it?

If there was one it would be posted. So... what do you think ought to be done by us end users suffering with it?

Hint: stop using it, so their metrics on it drop, then they decide to fix it or just abandon it. And we get the relief we need.

Message 9 of 37
mnorris

I have this issues as well on my computer, but I have noticed that other co worker computers show the updates correctly and the computers have the same setup.  So Very Strange.

Message 10 of 37
lancermandc_co_za

When I clicked on the thread, it said there was a solution, which I clicked on. Hense my frustration when I found out that the post was in fact not a solution at all......

Message 11 of 37
lancermandc_co_za
in reply to: mnorris

Maybe compare computer operating specs or maybe more importantly, anti-virus and firewall settings, DNS gateways or even Domain policies (if not on a workgroup environment).

Message 12 of 37
mnorris
in reply to: lancermandc_co_za

all of that is the same and managed by IT

Message 13 of 37

Same issue, and the collection of updates I have already updated keeps growing and growing.   On top of this, we only use/install regular AutoCAD, Map 3D, and Civil 3D from the AEC Suite, yet I keep getting update notifications for seemingly unrelated parts of the Suite I do not even use (like Vehicle Tracking and Fabrication CADmep).  This app used to work much better than this, so I am not sure what was screwed up in an update.  At least the updates still say how long ago updates were released.  I can then ignore the plethora of updates to no longer go through the effort to download GB+ files to try install that will then only tell me I already have them installed.  This is bad enough, but then they momentarily are removed the list, then return after a refresh.  Very frustrating Autodesk!

Message 14 of 37
tjdinkel
in reply to: tjdinkel

I also don't care much now for all the extra steps/clicks to just get the update installed. You click in the app to update, this downloads and you click past the admin credential, you click on a separate install window to proceed, you click when complete, and others? I can understand needing to click through as an admin (or entering your credentials), but if Autodesk knows you have this installed (hence giving you an update prompt), why does it need a separate install window to proceed with the update? It should just be a click to update, click past the admin credential, update immediately (to where it already knows it is installed), then permanently drop of the list. TWO CLICKS ONLY.
Message 15 of 37

i just ignore it now and then let IT update when they do there rounds, they can sort it 

Message 16 of 37
tjdinkel
in reply to: Steve.Clarke001

Yeah...unfortunately with the size of our org, that is also me...lol.

Message 17 of 37
tewindle
in reply to: tjdinkel

Same issues here, and I am also the IT for updates and patches; so multiple the frustration by the number of users...and it makes for a long day. Should be a simple fix for Autodesk, yet here we are. The end results is they release HOT FIXES, but frustrated users expect the desktop app to just be broken, so they ignore actual real patches that may be needed.

Message 18 of 37

I noticed that once my IT had removed my User Control restrictions under the Domain User Account Policies, the Autodesk Desktop App worked properly. As soon as my rights were revoked, the app had no idea what updates/patches I had installed until I had downloaded them and tried to install them.
Message 19 of 37

Any idea what specific policy was changed? My user account is in Admin group so trying to figure out which policy may be affecting it.
Thanks for your help on this.
Message 20 of 37
tjdinkel
in reply to: tewindle

I have gone to simply ignoring any patch for users beyond a certain date, as going through the process to install it will only come up as already installed). When I then do updates for all, this resets this date beyond which I then ignore. This is about all I can do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report