Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App Cannot Check for Updates

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mohamedjas
1019 Views, 4 Replies

Desktop App Cannot Check for Updates

Hi.

I'm in a corporate environment installing the Autodesk Desktop App.

AEC Collection software installed fine. Desktop App however cannot check for available updates.

Notification reads: "An unexpected error has occured. Server is unable to process this request. Please try again later."

Troubleshooting attempts:

1- Performed full clean uninstall and install including removal of registry entries.

2- Deleted relevant ini files and SDS folder and tested multiple times.

3- Tested with and without corporate proxy (tethered phone).

The below is the error recieved:

ERROR 2020-09-17T16:43:33.518 TID(10120) ServerManager::onNetworkReplyError: sourceId: CheckNow, error: 302Error transferring https://update.delivery.autodesk.com/appcast/services/appcastService/sam/v6 - server replied: 

There is no text after "server replied".

Hope someone can help because we have gone nuts...
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: Mohamedjas

@Mohamedjas - Do you really need the desktop app? I'd uninstall it and forget about it. You might want to read this also.

You can go to https://manage.autodesk.com and check for updates anytime.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
Mohamedjas
in reply to: rkmcswain

Unfortunately, due to our convoluted IT infrastructure (public sector), the only way to get Autodesk products to "Call home" is by ensuring the Autodesk Desktop App is installed.

Add to that the fact that in some cases they completely disregard SSO entered in the software itself (AutoCAD/3DSMax etc) and will not use or allow changing of SSO credentials without the Autodesk Desktop App.

I have not checked 2021 versions, but this has been true for us up to 2020 versions.

The amount of organisational and security policies implemented in our IT infrastructure doesn't help things either...

Would love to be rid of the desktop app if possible.

Message 4 of 5

Hi @Mohamedjas 

thanks for your feedback. we appreciate it.

i have seen this kind of issues when the client state sent wrong info. last time i saw this issue because of wrong serial number.

i would like to know more about the issue. could you please send me the log files.

Please find the attachments for log file instructions.

Message 5 of 5

Hello 

The logs are attached as requested, except for the log in the user folder, no such one was generated for some reason.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report