Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Desktop App download/install location

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
stu_BG
4814 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Desktop App download/install location

I want to use ADA to download updates, once.  Then for other people in my office, I want to use ADA to install the updates from the downloads that I've already done.  In the ADA settings, I can choose the download destination, but I can only choose a local directory.  The file downloads to a folder with a huge, randomly titled name.  Do I need to move that folder to our shared location, and will other user's ADA looking in that location utilize that folder/file?  I can't test this yet as I'm the only one on AEC.  Everyone else will upgrade from BDSP in a couple months.

I also wanted to check for updates/downloads through my online Account Management - better sorting tools, etc.  Maybe this should be a separate post, but it ties in at the end.  In Product Updates, I was individually ignoring many of the updates until I noticed that I could select many and change the Download Selected \_/ pull-down to Ignore Selected.  I went through the whole list.  Clicked Ignore Selected.  Didn't work.  Expletive involving Autodesk.

Since that worked so well, I chose only 3 files to test Download Selected.  Only one downloaded.  Complete lack of surprise.

Working with that one downloaded file, I moved it to our shared location.  Keep in mind, my ADA references this location.  It didn't find the downloaded file.  Did this file need to be in one of the aforementioned folders with a huge, randomly titled name for ADA to recognize it?

Do I need to choose one download method or the other?  ADA vs.Online Account Management website?

Why can't ADA download to the same shared directory?

Why didn't Ignore Selected work with multiple selections?

Why didn't Download Selected work with multiple selections?  A pop-up even acknowledged that I chose multiple downloads.

Why does Ctrl-U do underline, Ctrl-I do italics, and Ctrl-b do bold, but Ctrl-S not do sarcasm?

thanks,

stu

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: stu_BG

ADA doesn't really work like that, never has, still doesn't.
ADA is a single user app, not a cad manager tool.

To do it your way, go old school: log into the admin accounts page, download all the updates manually, then install as you wish with group policies https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
ADA doesn't really work like that, never has, still doesn't.
ADA is a single user app, not a cad manager tool.

To do it your way, go old school: log into the admin accounts page, download all the updates manually, then install as you wish with group policies https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates

I was having similar issues with update but I got it now! Thanks for the solution @pendean. Really appreciated 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report