Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is JIT debugging

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
1328 Views, 19 Replies

What is JIT debugging

What is JIT debugging and how can I turned it off in AutoCAD?
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is actually a .NET framework thing and not specific to AutoCAD. It would help us if you can let us know what the exception is that you are seeing, incase it is a problem we have not yet come across. You can set the value: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NetFramework\DbgJITDebugLaunchSetting to 1 to disable this dialog. That may cause later consequences though with all .NET apps, so be careful. regards Mark "A.Design" wrote in message news:409be748$1_3@newsprd01... > What is JIT debugging and how can I turned it off in AutoCAD? > >
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous

Thanks for the information, I just got an error on layer manager and I saw some thing about JIT. "mark webb, autodesk" wrote in message news:409be919$1_3@newsprd01... > This is actually a .NET framework thing and not specific to AutoCAD. > > It would help us if you can let us know what the exception is that you are > seeing, incase it is a problem we have not yet come across. > You can set the value: > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\.NetFramework\DbgJITDebugLaunchSetting > to 1 to disable this dialog. That may cause later consequences though with > all .NET apps, so be careful. > > regards > Mark > > "A.Design" wrote in message > news:409be748$1_3@newsprd01... > > What is JIT debugging and how can I turned it off in AutoCAD? > > > > > >
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous

I had a similar question yesterday, and according to Autodesk Tech Support, the client should do the following to fix it. In AutoCAD 2005, Open the AutoCAD CD via Explorer, and go to Bin folder, go to a folder called dotnetfx, and find the dotnetfx.exe file. double click on it and follow instructions. On my ADT 2005 CD, it is different than I was told for AutoCAD 2005: go to ADT folder, to the BIN folder, and then to the Dotnetfx folder. If that does not fix it, then uninstall AutoCAD completely, delete all folders, and do a complete Reinstall. I do not know if this will be successful. Jack Talsky
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous

Thanks Jack. This is more appropriate, as it will fix the actual error in autoCAD but leave JIT debugging around. The debugging is useful for diagnosis on bugs in the software. cheers Mark "TALSKY" wrote in message news:409c80a4$1_3@newsprd01... > I had a similar question yesterday, and according to Autodesk Tech Support, the > client should do the following to fix it. > > In AutoCAD 2005, Open the AutoCAD CD via Explorer, and go to Bin folder, go to a > folder called > dotnetfx, and find the dotnetfx.exe file. double click on it and follow > instructions. > > On my ADT 2005 CD, it is different than I was told for AutoCAD 2005: go to ADT > folder, to the BIN folder, and then to the Dotnetfx folder. > > If that does not fix it, then uninstall AutoCAD completely, delete all folders, and > do a complete Reinstall. > > I do not know if this will be successful. > > Jack Talsky > > > >
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous

I wonder what is causing it? That is two people, one here and one who called me, about this problem, just a day or two apart. Maybe it is caused by anti-virus software being active at the time of the install? Jack
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous

Jack Do you recall the text of the actual error? If so, that might help us determine the cause. regards Mark "TALSKY" wrote in message news:409d1df1$2_2@newsprd01... > I wonder what is causing it? That is two people, one here and one who called me, > about this problem, just a day or two apart. > > Maybe it is caused by anti-virus software being active at the time of the install? > > Jack > > >
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous

Thanks Talsky, It happened in layer manager when I tried to get snapshot,if next time happened I'll get the snapshot of the screen and post it to you. Thanks again. "mark webb, autodesk" wrote in message news:409d3551$1_3@newsprd01... > Jack > > Do you recall the text of the actual error? > If so, that might help us determine the cause. > > regards > Mark > > "TALSKY" wrote in message > news:409d1df1$2_2@newsprd01... > > I wonder what is causing it? That is two people, one here and one who > called me, > > about this problem, just a day or two apart. > > > > Maybe it is caused by anti-virus software being active at the time of the > install? > > > > Jack > > > > > > > >
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous

Mark, Per your request: Here it is as copied from the client's email intact. See below my signature. Jack Talsky = This is the error mesage "An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your aplication. Click continue and application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invovation Details Continue See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid.RecalculateFonts() at System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid..ctor() at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.BaseGrid..ctor() at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.LayerGrid..ctor() at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm.InitializeComponent() at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm..ctor() at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm.RunForm(IWin32Window owner, Database db) at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.Commands.Layer() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at AcMgPerDocumentCommandClass.Invoke(AcMgPerDocumentCommandClass* , gcroot<:REFLECTION::METHODINFO __gc="">* mi) at AcMgCommandClass.CommandThunk.Invoke(CommandThunk* ) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- acdbmgdhost Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/AcdbMgdHost.DLL ---------------------------------------- acdbmgd Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/acdbmgd.dll ---------------------------------------- acmgd Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/acmgd.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- AcLayer Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/AcLayer.DLL ---------------------------------------- AcLayer.resources Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/en-US/AcLayer.resources.DLL ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this application or machine (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine rather than being handled by this dialog."
Message 10 of 20
Anonymous

Thanks Jack, I have forwarded this to the relevant developers. regards Mark "TALSKY" wrote in message news:409e85c5$1_2@newsprd01... > Mark, > > Per your request: Here it is as copied from the client's email intact. See below my > signature. > > Jack Talsky > > = This is the error mesage > "An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your aplication. Click > continue and application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. > Exception has been thrown by the target of an invovation > Details Continue > See the end of this message for details on invoking > just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. > > ************** Exception Text ************** > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target > of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an > instance of an object. > at System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid.RecalculateFonts() > at System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid..ctor() > at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.BaseGrid..ctor() > at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.LayerGrid..ctor() > at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm.InitializeComponent() > at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm..ctor() > at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm.RunForm(IWin32Window owner, Database db) > at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.Commands.Layer() > --- End of inner exception stack trace --- > at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags > invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean > isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess) > at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags > invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean > verifyAccess) > at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, > Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) > at AcMgPerDocumentCommandClass.Invoke(AcMgPerDocumentCommandClass* , > gcroot<:REFLECTION::METHODINFO __gc="">* mi) > at AcMgCommandClass.CommandThunk.Invoke(CommandThunk* ) > > > ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** > mscorlib > Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 > Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 > CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll > ---------------------------------------- > acdbmgdhost > Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 > Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 > CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/AcdbMgdHost.DLL > ---------------------------------------- > acdbmgd > Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 > Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 > CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/acdbmgd.dll > ---------------------------------------- > acmgd > Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 > Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 > CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/acmgd.dll > ---------------------------------------- > System > Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 > Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 > CodeBase: > file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll > ---------------------------------------- > System.Xml > Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 > Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 > CodeBase: > file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll > ---------------------------------------- > System.Windows.Forms > Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 > Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 > CodeBase: > file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll > ---------------------------------------- > System.Drawing > Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 > Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 > CodeBase: > file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll > ---------------------------------------- > AcLayer > Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 > Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 > CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/AcLayer.DLL > ---------------------------------------- > AcLayer.resources > Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 > Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 > CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/en-US/AcLayer.resources.DLL > ---------------------------------------- > > ************** JIT Debugging ************** > To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this > application or machine (machine.config) must have the > jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. > The application must also be compiled with debugging > enabled. > > For example: > > > > > > When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception > will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine > rather than being handled by this dialog." > >
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous

Mark, there is another post with a copy of this dialog, dated 5/06, "Exception thrown..." -- ---- Ed ---- "mark webb, autodesk" wrote in message news:409f890f$1_2@newsprd01... Thanks Jack, I have forwarded this to the relevant developers. regards Mark "TALSKY" wrote in message news:409e85c5$1_2@newsprd01... > Mark, > > Per your request: Here it is as copied from the client's email intact. See below my > signature. > > Jack Talsky > > = This is the error mesage > "An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your aplication. Click > continue and application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. > Exception has been thrown by the target of an invovation > Details Continue > See the end of this message for details on invoking > just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. > > ************** Exception Text ************** > System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target > of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an > instance of an object. > at System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid.RecalculateFonts() > at System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid..ctor() > at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.BaseGrid..ctor() > at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.LayerGrid..ctor() > at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm.InitializeComponent() > at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm..ctor() > at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm.RunForm(IWin32Window owner, Database db) > at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.Commands.Layer() > --- End of inner exception stack trace --- > at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags > invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean > isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess) > at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags > invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean > verifyAccess) > at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, > Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) > at AcMgPerDocumentCommandClass.Invoke(AcMgPerDocumentCommandClass* , > gcroot<:REFLECTION::METHODINFO __gc="">* mi) > at AcMgCommandClass.CommandThunk.Invoke(CommandThunk* ) > > > ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** > mscorlib > Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 > Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 > CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll > ---------------------------------------- > acdbmgdhost > Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 > Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 > CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/AcdbMgdHost.DLL > ---------------------------------------- > acdbmgd > Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 > Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 > CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/acdbmgd.dll > ---------------------------------------- > acmgd > Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 > Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 > CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/acmgd.dll > ---------------------------------------- > System > Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 > Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 > CodeBase: > file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll > ---------------------------------------- > System.Xml > Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 > Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 > CodeBase: > file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll > ---------------------------------------- > System.Windows.Forms > Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 > Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 > CodeBase: > file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll > ---------------------------------------- > System.Drawing > Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0 > Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573 > CodeBase: > file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll > ---------------------------------------- > AcLayer > Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 > Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 > CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/AcLayer.DLL > ---------------------------------------- > AcLayer.resources > Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0 > Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0 > CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AutoCAD%202005/en-US/AcLayer.resources.DLL > ---------------------------------------- > > ************** JIT Debugging ************** > To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this > application or machine (machine.config) must have the > jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. > The application must also be compiled with debugging > enabled. > > For example: > > > > > > When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception > will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine > rather than being handled by this dialog." > >
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous

ummm.. ...well, yeah, that would be me... W. "Ed Jobe" wrote in message news:409f91a1_3@newsprd01... Mark, there is another post with a copy of this dialog, dated 5/06, "Exception thrown..." -- ---- Ed
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous

Aha! Anyway, this was the word I got back from the developer in charge of that feature "We have never been able to reproduce any of this. I think people usually fix this by reinstalling the .NET framework. I suspect this has something to do with a corrupt GDI+ font cache. People should try to delete their cache first before trying to do a reinstall. I have the font cache here: C:\Documents and Settings\Albert\Local Settings\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT" I believe a reinstall of ADT should reinstall the .NET framework. Hope this helps. Mark "W.Spears, AIA" wrote in message news:409fa119_1@newsprd01... ummm.. ...well, yeah, that would be me... W. "Ed Jobe" wrote in message news:409f91a1_3@newsprd01... Mark, there is another post with a copy of this dialog, dated 5/06, "Exception thrown..." -- ---- Ed
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous

A colleague reminded me that the .NET framework installre is available on the CD, so no need to do a complete reinstall. Check out this folder: Bin\ACADFeui\Support\dotnetfx regards Mark "mark webb, autodesk" wrote in message news:409fa5d6$1_2@newsprd01... Aha! Anyway, this was the word I got back from the developer in charge of that feature "We have never been able to reproduce any of this. I think people usually fix this by reinstalling the .NET framework. I suspect this has something to do with a corrupt GDI+ font cache. People should try to delete their cache first before trying to do a reinstall. I have the font cache here: C:\Documents and Settings\Albert\Local Settings\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT" I believe a reinstall of ADT should reinstall the .NET framework. Hope this helps. Mark "W.Spears, AIA" wrote in message news:409fa119_1@newsprd01... ummm.. ...well, yeah, that would be me... W. "Ed Jobe" wrote in message news:409f91a1_3@newsprd01... Mark, there is another post with a copy of this dialog, dated 5/06, "Exception thrown..." -- ---- Ed
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous

Thank You Mark! At the moment I am in Architectmode and will attempt your recommendations later this week. Interestingly, the "GDI+ font cache" mention jogs a revelation: I've been using the "Enviro.ttf" as my Windows font, that also becomes the title bar font in all programs, ADT included... (ohhh... just because it looks like kewel archy-tekker hand lettering... hmmm) It was on at the time of my install and subsequent fix attempts. The rest of our users have used the default as configured by Windows. Perhaps you might pass this along to the developers. It may be reason why I got the problem, at least.. W. "mark webb, autodesk" wrote in message news:409fc782_3@newsprd01... A colleague reminded me that the .NET framework installre is available on the CD, so no need to do a complete reinstall. Check out this folder: Bin\ACADFeui\Support\dotnetfx regards Mark "mark webb, autodesk" wrote in message news:409fa5d6$1_2@newsprd01... Aha! Anyway, this was the word I got back from the developer in charge of that feature "We have never been able to reproduce any of this. I think people usually fix this by reinstalling the .NET framework. I suspect this has something to do with a corrupt GDI+ font cache. People should try to delete their cache first before trying to do a reinstall. I have the font cache here: C:\Documents and Settings\Albert\Local Settings\Application Data\GDIPFONTCACHEV1.DAT" I believe a reinstall of ADT should reinstall the .NET framework. Hope this helps. Mark "W.Spears, AIA" wrote in message news:409fa119_1@newsprd01... ummm.. ...well, yeah, that would be me... W. "Ed Jobe" wrote in message news:409f91a1_3@newsprd01... Mark, there is another post with a copy of this dialog, dated 5/06, "Exception thrown..." -- ---- Ed
Message 16 of 20
Bartje

Message 17 of 20
Bartje

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid" threw an exception. ---> System.ArithmeticException: Overflow or underflow in the arithmetic operation.
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Windows.Forms.ControlPaint.FontInPoints(Font font)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_DefaultFont()
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid..ctor()
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.BaseGrid..ctor()
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.LayerGrid..ctor()
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm.InitializeComponent()
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm..ctor()
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm.RunForm(IWin32Window owner, Database db)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.Commands.Layer()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at AcMgPerDocumentCommandClass.Invoke(AcMgPerDocumentCommandClass* , gcroot<:REFLECTION::METHODINFO __gc="">* mi)
at AcMgCommandClass.CommandThunk.Invoke(CommandThunk* )

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.2032
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
acdbmgdhost
Assembly Version: 16.1.63.0
Win32 Version: 16.1.63.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk%20Map%203D%202005/AcdbMgdHost.DLL
acdbmgd
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk%20Map%203D%202005/acdbmgd.dll
acmgd
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk%20Map%203D%202005/acmgd.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/system.windows.forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/system.drawing.dll
AcLayer
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk%20Map%203D%202005/AcLayer.DLL
AcLayer.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk%20Map%203D%202005/en-US/AcLayer.resources.DLL
mscorlib.resources
Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/mscorlib.resources/1.0.5000.0_nl_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just in time (JIT) debugging, the config file for this
application or machine (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the machine
rather than being handled by this dialog.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

I don't know how to enable or disable using AutoCAD. Just-In-Time debugging
allows you to examine the error before the application is terminated by the
operating system.

// submit to google
just in time debugging site:microsoft.com

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/
MAP http://wikimapia.org/#y=43038073&x=-88043838&z=17&l=0&m=h

wrote in message news:5501292@discussion.autodesk.com...
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous

hi when i try using the layer manger on my autocad electrical 07 this appears:
I have already tried what has perviously been suggested but have not work as i got my copy of autocad on the autodesk student website.
Can u help with how to fix this please?

Application does not support just-in-time (JIT)
debugging. See the end of this message for details.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070000): The operation completed successfully. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070000)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at ConfigurationSectionOnRegistry..ctor(HKEY__* hKey, String name, Boolean readOnly)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.UserConfigurationManager.OpenDialogSection(Object dialog)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.LayerViewManager.SavePersistentProperties()
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.LayerViewManager.Commit(Boolean reacquire)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.LayerManager.MainForm.btnOK__Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
acdbmgd
Assembly Version: 17.0.54.0
Win32 Version: 17.0.54.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/AcdbMgd.DLL
msvcm80
Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.762
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.762
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700/msvcm80.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
acmgd
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/acmgd.DLL
ModDB
Assembly Version: 4.0.1.1
Win32 Version: 4.0.1.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/Acade/ModDB.dll
System.Data
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
AceMonitor
Assembly Version: 4.0.1.1
Win32 Version: 4.0.1.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/Acade/AceMonitor.dll
AcDxUi
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/AcDxUi.DLL
AcDx
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/AcDx.DLL
AcDxUi.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/en-US/AcDxUi.resources.DLL
AcMgdShared
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/AcMgdShared.DLL
AcLayer
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/AcLayer.DLL
AcLayer.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/en-US/AcLayer.resources.DLL
AcCustomize
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/AcCustomize.DLL
AcCui
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/AcCui.DLL
System.Design
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Design/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Design.dll
acmgdinternal
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/acmgdinternal.DLL
AcMNUParser
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/AcMNUParser.DLL
AcCustomize.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Autodesk/Acade%202007/en-US/AcCustomize.resources.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
Application does not support Windows Forms just-in-time (JIT)
debugging. Contact the application author for more
information
Message 20 of 20
Anonymous

We are also having this same error in Autocad 2008. Any help would be appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report