Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error loading AcStandards services"

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
661 Views, 8 Replies

"Error loading AcStandards services"

I have ADT 2005 in a Windows XP Pro computer and have yet to be able to use it after over a year! The dealer does not have a clue what the problem is. When I start the program a lot of modules load up. At the end of the list I get... "Error loading AcStandards services". I do not know what this means exactly but many of the Command Aliases do not work even though they ARE in the PGP file. I get "unknown command" at the command line. Symantec utilities came up with this gem... " The key, "AutoCADToolCatalog\shell\open\command," refers to an invalid command entry, ""C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005\AecCB.exe" ""." " I have hunted through all the ADT CD's in the hope of finding this missing file with no luck! As is typical of Autodesk, they are of course NO HELP AT ALL on their web site! They do not have any way, short of paying them for the privilege of fixing "their" buggy software, of contacting them on their web site! (you can leave a comment but they tell you they will not get back to you). They do, however, manage to contact me over and over again by email trying to get MORE money out of me for their "subscription" program!!! ):O( Short of ripping this $5000 software out of my computer and buying some other CAD program does anyone have ANY idea what the problem could be here with ADT 2005? Any clues would be appreciated! Thanks, -- DWK Simi Valley, CA USA
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Uninstall, reboot, and reinstall with anti-virus turned off. See if that doesn't fix it. -- David "D. W. K." wrote in message news:420ee3ad$1_3@newsprd01... >I have ADT 2005 in a Windows XP Pro computer and have yet to be able to use >it after over a year! The dealer does not have a clue what the problem is. > > When I start the program a lot of modules load up. At the end of the list > I get... "Error loading AcStandards services". I do not know what this > means exactly but many of the Command Aliases do not work even though they > ARE in the PGP file. I get "unknown command" at the command line. > > Symantec utilities came up with this gem... " The key, > "AutoCADToolCatalog\shell\open\command," refers to an invalid command > entry, ""C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005\AecCB.exe" > ""." " I have hunted through all the ADT CD's in the hope of finding > this missing file with no luck! > > As is typical of Autodesk, they are of course NO HELP AT ALL on their web > site! They do not have any way, short of paying them for the privilege of > fixing "their" buggy software, of contacting them on their web site! (you > can leave a comment but they tell you they will not get back to you). They > do, however, manage to contact me over and over again by email trying to > get MORE money out of me for their "subscription" program!!! ):O( > > Short of ripping this $5000 software out of my computer and buying some > other CAD program does anyone have ANY idea what the problem could be here > with ADT 2005? > > Any clues would be appreciated! > > Thanks, > -- > > DWK > Simi Valley, CA > USA > >
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

> Any clues would be appreciated! I think you can blame Symantec, not Autodesk. I just recently fixed the same problem on one of my computers. I had to uninstall all traces of Norton SystemWorks and reinstall all Autodesk software to fix the problem. Unfortunately, removing Symantec's software and accompanying spyware isn't simple. :) -- Owen Wengerd President, ManuSoft ==> http://www.manusoft.com VP Americas, CADLock, Inc. ==> http://www.cadlock.com
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you for writing however, first, I made sure SystemWorks and Anti-Virus were not running when I installed ADT 2005. Second, Norton SystemWorks is a VERY common program installed on a LOT of computers. If Autodesk cannot, or will not, write their software to be courteous with other software on computers that run far more software than just one program then I still blame Autodesk. Do they expect you to buy a special computer for just their software and another computer for everything else? Thank you, DWK "Owen Wengerd" wrote in message news:420fa5c2_2@newsprd01... >> Any clues would be appreciated! > > I think you can blame Symantec, not Autodesk. I just recently fixed the > same problem on one of my computers. I had to uninstall all traces of > Norton SystemWorks and reinstall all Autodesk software to fix the problem. > Unfortunately, removing Symantec's software and accompanying spyware isn't > simple. :) > -- > Owen Wengerd > President, ManuSoft ==> http://www.manusoft.com > VP Americas, CADLock, Inc. ==> http://www.cadlock.com >
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks but that is how I installed it in the first place! DWK "David Claflin" wrote in message news:420eebf9_3@newsprd01... > Uninstall, reboot, and reinstall with anti-virus turned off. See if that > doesn't fix it. > -- > David > > "D. W. K." wrote in message > news:420ee3ad$1_3@newsprd01... >>I have ADT 2005 in a Windows XP Pro computer and have yet to be able to >>use it after over a year! The dealer does not have a clue what the problem >>is. >> >> When I start the program a lot of modules load up. At the end of the list >> I get... "Error loading AcStandards services". I do not know what this >> means exactly but many of the Command Aliases do not work even though >> they ARE in the PGP file. I get "unknown command" at the command line. >> >> Symantec utilities came up with this gem... " The key, >> "AutoCADToolCatalog\shell\open\command," refers to an invalid command >> entry, ""C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005\AecCB.exe" >> ""." " I have hunted through all the ADT CD's in the hope of finding >> this missing file with no luck! >> >> As is typical of Autodesk, they are of course NO HELP AT ALL on their web >> site! They do not have any way, short of paying them for the privilege of >> fixing "their" buggy software, of contacting them on their web site! (you >> can leave a comment but they tell you they will not get back to you). >> They do, however, manage to contact me over and over again by email >> trying to get MORE money out of me for their "subscription" >> ogram!!! ):O( >> >> Short of ripping this $5000 software out of my computer and buying some >> other CAD program does anyone have ANY idea what the problem could be >> here with ADT 2005? >> >> Any clues would be appreciated! >> >> Thanks, >> -- >> >> DWK >> Simi Valley, CA >> USA >> >> > >
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

After responding to your feedback email, I found the following by searching on the keyword "Norton" in the online knowlegdgebase. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=5015377&linkID=2476059 The salient point is: "To avoid this problem, it is recommended that you configure your registry cleaner so that it does not scan Active X Com Sections and Active X Com Sub Key Sections." Regards -- chris yanchar | desktops product planning manager building solutions division | autodesk, inc. http://blogs.autodesk.com/adt "D. W. K." wrote in message news:420ffaec_3@newsprd01... > Thank you for writing however, first, I made sure SystemWorks and > Anti-Virus were not running when I installed ADT 2005. Second, Norton > SystemWorks is a VERY common program installed on a LOT of computers. If > Autodesk cannot, or will not, write their software to be courteous with > other software on computers that run far more software than just one > program then I still blame Autodesk. Do they expect you to buy a special > computer for just their software and another computer for everything else? > > Thank you, > > DWK > > > "Owen Wengerd" wrote in message > news:420fa5c2_2@newsprd01... >>> Any clues would be appreciated! >> >> I think you can blame Symantec, not Autodesk. I just recently fixed the >> same problem on one of my computers. I had to uninstall all traces of >> Norton SystemWorks and reinstall all Autodesk software to fix the >> problem. Unfortunately, removing Symantec's software and accompanying >> spyware isn't simple. :) >> -- >> Owen Wengerd >> President, ManuSoft ==> http://www.manusoft.com >> VP Americas, CADLock, Inc. ==> http://www.cadlock.com >> > >
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Norton System Works may be very common and installed on lots of computers, but I just took it off my wife's. It was consistently interfering with her emails (outgoing - even though I had email scanning supposedly turned off) and conflicting with our wireless router, as well as killing the functionality of several perfectly benign web pages that she needed to get to. I'm no fan. After uninstalling Norton, loading the latest version of AVG and a couple of decent anti-spyware programs, along with XP service pack two, all is running MUCH smoother. -- Matt Dillon Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator Autodesk Architectural Desktop Certified Expert "D. W. K." wrote in message news:420ffaec_3@newsprd01... > Thank you for writing however, first, I made sure SystemWorks and > Anti-Virus were not running when I installed ADT 2005. Second, Norton > SystemWorks is a VERY common program installed on a LOT of computers. If > Autodesk cannot, or will not, write their software to be courteous with > other software on computers that run far more software than just one > program then I still blame Autodesk. Do they expect you to buy a special > computer for just their software and another computer for everything else? > > Thank you, > > DWK > > > "Owen Wengerd" wrote in message > news:420fa5c2_2@newsprd01... >>> Any clues would be appreciated! >> >> I think you can blame Symantec, not Autodesk. I just recently fixed the >> same problem on one of my computers. I had to uninstall all traces of >> Norton SystemWorks and reinstall all Autodesk software to fix the >> problem. Unfortunately, removing Symantec's software and accompanying >> spyware isn't simple. :) >> -- >> Owen Wengerd >> President, ManuSoft ==> http://www.manusoft.com >> VP Americas, CADLock, Inc. ==> http://www.cadlock.com >> > >
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

I used to have F-Prot /F-Secure virusprotection and AutoCad worked fine. Now I changed to Avant! and AutoCad began giving this error during startup and then crashed. If I temporarily disable Avant! during startup, I get the error, but the program starts anyway.

Check this link, too:

http://c3dpavingtheway.blogspot.com/2005_09_01_c3dpavingtheway_archive.html
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Hi All

I was having this problem, and all I did is went to system works repair history and undid everything, and acad started working again just fine.

Hope this help someone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report