Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
alejandromartinmate
285 Views, 3 Replies

Arx Error

I work with architectural Desktop 2006 and autocad 2006 at my office, and I have never a problem with that. I had to install autocad 2008 to open some files and I´ve been working with it over some files I had opened before with architectural Desktop 2006. I had always saved them as a Autocad 2004 dwg.

The problem I have is that when I open the files with architectural Desktop 2006 and autocad 2006 the command line shows ARX ERROR: ENOTTHATKINDOFCLASS, and when try to paste from another file is not possible a ARX ERROR: EDUPLICATEKEY message pop up...

What can I do??? I have a lot of files with a couple of layouts and I wouldn't like to have to paste everything to a new files.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

2006 and 2008 use different AEC objects and that causes this error. We are on subscription and we never had a fix for it before we upgraded to 2008 completely so not sure if they ever made a patch that fixed it. Look for something for 06 that states something about AEC objects. We stopped saving down passed 2007 and haven't had problems since.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: alejandromartinmate

I have trouble with drawings created in Autocad2007, opening in 6.
Fillet doesn't work and lots of other errors.
Don't think there is a fix.

wrote in message
news:5903373@discussion.autodesk.com...
I work with architectural Desktop 2006 and autocad 2006 at my office, and I
have never a problem with that. I had to install autocad 2008 to open some
files and I´ve been working with it over some files I had opened before with
architectural Desktop 2006. I had always saved them as a Autocad 2004 dwg.

The problem I have is that when I open the files with architectural Desktop
2006 and autocad 2006 the command line shows ARX ERROR: ENOTTHATKINDOFCLASS,
and when try to paste from another file is not possible a ARX ERROR:
EDUPLICATEKEY message pop up...

What can I do??? I have a lot of files with a couple of layouts and I
wouldn't like to have to paste everything to a new files.
Message 4 of 4

the same thing applies for 2007. The AEC objects were changed in 2007. 2007 and 2008 use the same ones but anything previous to those use a different type of AEC objects which cause the arx error. I've tried the supposable hotfix for these and nothing happens. I don't think they have a solution for this yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report