Did you mean: 

Edited raster image back to original after saving/opening

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jmontez
2437 Views, 10 Replies

Edited raster image back to original after saving/opening

I am editing a raster image by removing unwanted items.  I saved, closed and re-opened.  When opened, the image is not what I edited but is back to its original image.  How do I get me edited image back?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Vinayv4v
in reply to: jmontez

Hi,

You inserted the image, edited and saved. But did you save it in the .gp4 format as well ? Otherwise you will not be able to save the edited image in raster design. So you need to save in .GP4 format if you are performing any edits in the image. And make sure both your .dwg and .gp4 are in the same location folder.

If you have not saved the drawing in the .gp4 format I am sorry to say that you need to perform the edit again. If you have saved in both formats then bringing both files to the same location will solve your issue.

Cheers,

Vinay Vijayakumaran

Message 3 of 11
jmontez
in reply to: Vinayv4v

Don't believe so because not sure of .gp4 and haven't had this problem before.  I did an edit and did a save.  A save image widow came up and attached is the message.

Message 4 of 11
Vinayv4v

Hi,

As you see in the picture if you do not save then the image will be available in the drawing but the edits will not be there. You may have choosen the option skip instead of save. Is this issue only in 1 drawing. Anyway if you have choosen the option skip then the drawing cannot be recovered.

When this option box occurs choose save as and give the same file name following with .gp4. 

If you have used the save option previously then you could have given the save name different from the drawing name. Find the file and replace it with the same file name as in the drawing.

Please check if the issue is resolved or not.

Cheers,

Vinay Vijayakumaran

Message 5 of 11
jmontez
in reply to: Vinayv4v

I do see it will save my edits only if I do a Save As not not Save.  Doing the Save As will give me the option to save the image as gp4.  Thank you for your help.

Message 6 of 11
jonathan.fulton

ISave saves the raster and Save saves the vector.  Anyone know how to combine the two?

Message 7 of 11
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: jonathan.fulton

No, this is not possible. Even Autodesk doesn't do it as seen by the fact that if you have made changes to your raster and you use the acad SAVE command, it will prompt you to save the raster changes. It then runs the ISAVE command, after which the SAVE command continues. In effect, they are sort of combined already, due to that check. But that's all you could do. You could however, create your own menu macro that forces a ISAVE and then runs the SAVE command. But since the ISAVE command is just one button click, I don't see that being much of a savings.

BTW, this question doesn't really have anything to do with the original question. It would have been better to start a new thread.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
jonathan.fulton
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

Oddly enough, when I modify an embedded raster, use the QSAVE command, then close the drawing, AutoCAD Raster Design doesn't prompt me to save the image.  I don't know if I somehow got into some sort of oddball non-notification preference (can't find anything in OPTIONS), but I've been doing a lot of re-work lately.  Any ideas about that?

Perhaps my machine has become corrupt.  I think maybe it needs to be purified in the waters of the Hudson.  Blooop!

Message 9 of 11
Ed.Jobe

When you say "embedded", are you talking about an OLE image? Or are you talking about and attached image?

Ed

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
jonathan.fulton
in reply to: Ed.Jobe

We're taking the traditional .dwg file with attached .tif file and using the IEMBED command to make them both one file.  Used for scanning old blueprints and modifying them with AutoCAD without the trouble of keeping track of two different files.

And thanks for your help, by the way.

Message 11 of 11
Ed.Jobe

I don't use the IEMBED command. I would assume that SAVE and QSAVE are able to perform the raster save since it is in the dwg. Thus, you wouldn't get prompted for a separate save.

Edit: I tested the IEMBED command and verified that SAVE is able to save the changes to the raster without using ISAVE.

Ed

How to post your code.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost