Community
AutoCAD Produktfamilie - Deutsch
Das Forum für alle Fragen zu AutoCAD, LT, Architecture, Electrical, Map 3D, Mechanical, MEP, Plant 3D, Raster Design, Web App, sowie Autodesk Civil 3D und Advance Steel.
abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Anzeigen  nur  | Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

Civil 3D 2016 hangs and crashes while opening drawings

1 ANTWORT 1
GELÖST
Antworten
Nachricht 1 von 2
wassim.ammar
407 Aufrufe, 1 Antwort

Civil 3D 2016 hangs and crashes while opening drawings

It's bee more than a month that our draftsman are struggling when using Civil 3D 2016 when opening, publishing and saving drawings. I am an IT guy so I don't have great knowledge about autocad usage but, I find, that 15-20 min to open a 5 MB drawing is quiet too much. Isolating the workstations from the network, deactivating the antivirus, Robocopy the files from the server to the local drives, enabling/disabling the hardware acceleration, purging and resetting the scalelist of the drawing all have been done We tried to wipe the temporary files, load the drawing without the XREF files. While monitoring the process i found out that acad.exe is searching files non existing on the computer and the process is repeating itself thousands of times Installing SP2 also was done but no better results. We were able to deal with bigger files (up to 80MB + 20 XREF) and the Civil 3D application was running smoothly before all this happens suddenly. Font files and all the standards are computer based Our draftsman are using brand new workstations with the following configuration : Windows 7 Pro x64 32GB RAM GPU : Nvidia NVS510 2GB DDR3 CPU : Intel Xeon E5 3.00 GHz Antivirus : SEP 9 Can anyone explain what is happening or maybe there is any other step to troubleshoot this issue, it's been eating my head for a while now and searching all over the web for a possible solution just made it worse.
1 ANTWORT 1
Nachricht 2 von 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
als Antwort auf: wassim.ammar

Hi,

>> We were able to deal with bigger files (up to 80MB + 20 XREF) and the Civil 3D application

>> was running smoothly before all this happens suddenly

I would start with:

• check if it's user/Windows profile/Civil 3D profile specific ... so create a new Windows user on that system with local admin permissions, restart the system with disconnected network, login with that new account, start Civil 3D and run the same tests. If that is also slow it seems to depend on workstation/driver/Windows updates/Civil 3D installation
  • verify what software or update was installed before "this happend suddenly"

>> monitoring the process i found out that acad.exe is searching files non existing

>> on the computer and the process is repeating itself thousands of times

Which files are that and where does AutoCAD search for them ... most important with that questions: does AutoCAD search in folders which do not exist? If yes, then Civil 3D might have support folders defined which do not exist ==> remove that folders or create that folders + make sure that within those folders there are not more than 1000 files (more than about 1000 files makes Windows extremly slow to find a file in a folder).

Also make sure that %TEMP% folder does not have to many files!

>> 15-20 min to open a 5 MB drawing

Just be careful with that statement! You described that the drawings contain 20 XRefs, so it does not really depend on the 5MB of the master-drawing, you have to calculate the complete/sum of all drawings referenced!

PLUS: Civil 3D has an additional method for referencing surfaces, alignments, ... called data shortcuts (>>>details<<<) and if that structure is defect Civil 3D might get troubles searching files too.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Sie finden nicht, was Sie suchen? Fragen Sie die Community oder teilen Sie Ihr Wissen mit anderen.

In Foren veröffentlichen  

Autodesk Design & Make Report