cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance Plant calculated values functionality

Enhance Plant calculated values functionality

The functionality is highly limited in the calculated properties manager. The ability to control formatting, unit conversions, and simple conditional if-then-else statement support will be extremely helpful. Database triggers are currently the only method to do these things.

SNAG-20151013-0000.png

7 Comments
mmusgrave
Participant

It would also be highly useful if there was a function that allows you to query an external database for information.

George.Endrulat
Advisor

I would love basic programming functionality within it, it would open up a whole new world to the entire software.  Making something like valve list graphical display selection based on multiple properties would be simple.  On top of this I'd like to see all the objects properties there for manipulation, something like color-coding hand valves based on spec in P&ID would be very nice.

PeterQuinn
Alumni

You should check out what's possible using the SDK. There are a lot of possibilities to do more if you're willing to write some code.

martin.buss.5
Community Visitor

I would suggest to add a rounding function as this has been requested lots of times for the isos and the orthos as well. A split function would be useful as well.

Vicky.Wu
Autodesk

Starting from AutoCAD Plant 3D 2023 RTM, you can now customize calculated properties from Project Setup. 

For more details, see Help:

https://help.autodesk.com/view/PLNT3D/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-9748587E-8BB9-4704-A849-A8A4D163C334

Would you please give it a try and let us know your feedback?

Vicky.Wu
Autodesk

Round, Split, and Trim functions are now included in the calculated properties in AutoCAD Plant 3D 2024 RTM.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/PLNT3D/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-9748587E-8BB9-4704-A849-A8A4D163C334

David.White
Contributor

P3D now has calculated properties, but lacks some basic math functions like

- square root

- squared etc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost