Did you mean: 

Generate Hook up

Generate Hook up

things how to generate hook up drawing

most people make them manualy in autocad 

2 Comments
jhamilton
Advocate

Interesting idea..might be able to so a special isoconfig setup for it.   The fun part would be trying to get the equipment into the Iso.  Would be kind of nice to be able to include equipment in the PCF file for this purpose.  Have you tried creating an ortho view for this with a bill of material.  Of course it would probably be 2 line piping.

dgorsman
Consultant

The PCF spec does allow for equipment shapes for system isometrics.

That type of drawing is a legacy of old manual single-line and isometric drawing practices and is unlikely to be easily replicated in an automated manner (we've dealt with exactly this type of drawing - at one point I even considered reverse engineering ISOGEN).  You can't do it via a conventional ortho view either as the distances aren't proportional.  The closest I've seen to that are some of the specialized MEP stuff in Revit.

I would almost suggest such drawing types are obsolete - the content is the same as a conventional system isometric, and 3D models (both CAD formats and review formats like Navisworks) provide better context of the systems being presented.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost