AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to Back placement of a weldolet causes error in Iso production

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bora.kocaman1980
418 Views, 4 Replies

Back to Back placement of a weldolet causes error in Iso production

I placed two weldolets at the same point on a pipe but 180 degrees apart. The purpose is to make a cross from a pipe. In iso production this caused an error. I got the classical error message "FAILURE - Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any solutions for this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jabowabo
in reply to: bora.kocaman1980

Move one of them a very small distance. This is the only workaround I have found.

Message 3 of 5
EricNyh
in reply to: jabowabo

I had a support ticket on this a while back, for version 2014.  Like jabowabo says, if you move one like .001" away from the other, it works.

Message 4 of 5
PeterQuinn
in reply to: EricNyh

I am pretty sure we fixed this in one of the previous versions. I tried it in 2016 and it works fine.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5

Thank you all guys. I tried moving but it did not work but I think I have found the solution. Weldolet creates a red dot in the middle of the pipe. I realized that I accidentally got that dot in another line number and the olet itself to another. When this happens it gives an error. I included all the components of olet to the same number it worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost