AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stub-in at bottem pipe

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
i.gielen
1848 Views, 10 Replies

Stub-in at bottem pipe

Hello,

I need to make a stub-in connection in Plant 3D were the bottems of both pipes (Header and branch) are on the equal level. So it is an off-centered stub-in connection. Is this possible while still hold te connection and make a good iso out of this.

Thank you in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
h_eger
in reply to: i.gielen

Hi @i.gielen,

is this variant OK?

20-04-_2017_17-26-36.jpg20-04-_2017_17-25-55.jpg

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
i.gielen
in reply to: h_eger

Hello @h_eger,

This is exactly what i'm looking for. Can you explain how it is done?

Message 4 of 11
h_eger

Hi @i.gielen,

To create a stub-in branch aligned with the bottom of pipe

Information about working with Plant 3D is also available Autodesk Knowledge Network

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
i.gielen

@h_eger With this connection I get an error when creating Isometrics and nothing is generated. Does this require any setting to be changed?

Message 6 of 11
i.gielen

Made a test 3D model with two headers. One of them contains a branch stub-in at center of pipe. The other one contains a branch stub-in at bottom of pipe. 

When creating the isometrics the header with branch in center of pipe is created with no errors, the other one is not created because of an error.

Attached you find the .txt version of the .pcf file of the isometric which is not generated. The odd thing is that this .pcf is almost identical to the one of the isometric that is created with no errors.

I also attached the isoconfig.xml if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Message 7 of 11
jshubin

@h_eger

How  did you get your ISO to add the annotation of Stub-In BOP? Was this manually or automatically? Thanks

Message 8 of 11
autodesk2WTET
in reply to: jshubin

Has anyone ever answered the BOM description question? I have custom description for the reinforcing pads. I also have places where we need to indicated, unreinforced stubin. Anyone?

Message 9 of 11

Hello @h_eger, When I try this method my stub-in attaches at an angle. I've checked ortho, ucs, polar, and snap settings. When I try to 3D rotate it, it disconnect from header. Please advise. Thanks! 

12" pipe, 2" stub-in at BOP

kristenlandry5GM7R_0-1684868000814.png

kristenlandry5GM7R_1-1684868031725.png

Message 10 of 11

I get this as well. Using Plant 3D 2023. the branch is placed at an angle coming off tangentially from top or bottom

Bob_Boehme_0-1689774834006.png

Message 11 of 11
Bob_Boehme
in reply to: Bob_Boehme

Make sure this is turned on

Bob_Boehme_0-1689791415875.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost