AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharepoint corrupting .dwt files

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
robmcdonnell
499 Views, 6 Replies

Sharepoint corrupting .dwt files

Hi,

Looking for some assistance..... We recently migrated a number of Template .dwt files onto Microsoft Sharepoint. The P3D Isometric file ISO.dwt cannot now be opened as it returns the message "The drawing file could not be opened because it was created with a more recent version of AutoCAD".

I know this is not the case and besides I am trying to open it with AutoCAD 2021 and the files opened fine prior to the migration. The same message appears even when the file is copied back to my local desktop and I try to open it from there. I have changed the file extension to .dwg (same message upon opening) and also tried to xref that into a clean .dwg file but it gives an error on that also.

The problem is repeated for all .dwt files uploaded to Sharepoint so the problem is not specific to this single file but is universal for all .dwts.

Any suggestions to remedy this would be appreciated if there's anybody who is familiar with this issue and is aware of a solution.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
h_eger
in reply to: robmcdonnell

Dear @robmcdonnell ,

Please contact Microsoft with confidence.
This problem is not a task for Plant 3D Forum.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
robmcdonnell
in reply to: h_eger

Heger,

Thanks for the advice. I posted here because its a P3D problem concerning P3D files, albeit microsoft related. Nobody in microsoft would have a clue what a dwt is & would probably refer me back to Autodesk (here). This is the only forum where theres a chance that somebody may have run into the same issue. I'll try Microsoft also. Hopefully they wont declare that ....THIS PROBLEM IS NOT A TASK FOR MICROSOFT FORUM...

Message 4 of 7

Don't use Sharepoint. Does it work ok if the DWT files are in another location?

Message 5 of 7

Hi Tomislav,

The .dwt files which were corrupted in some way by the Sharepoint migration process were unrecoverable. I couldn't spend anymore time trying to 'fix' them so I managed to retrieve a copy of the originals that were saved to a local hard drive. I overwrote the corrupted Sharepoint versions (simply through Windows Explorer) with the local copies and they all now appear to be working fine on Sharepoint and open no problem.

I do not know what caused this issue initially but suffice to say that anybody contemplating using Sharepoint should definitely retain a local copy of any files to be migrated in case .dwt or any other files are corrupted. At least then you'll still have a copy of the originals to fall back on.

Message 6 of 7
h_eger

This problem was already known!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/new-drawing-from-template-on-sharepoint/td-p/10195827 

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
pendean

>>>...should definitely retain a local copy of any files to be migrated in case .dwt or any other files are corrupted...<<<
>>>... At least then you'll still have a copy of the originals to fall back on...<<<
Not to beat a dead horse, but... why would you never think to do that in the first place? That's basic CYA 101 everyone in business knows to do.

Glad you dug yourself out of that hole. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost