AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Refresh from Vault Incomplete

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jlipnickas
639 Views, 8 Replies

Project Refresh from Vault Incomplete

Hi.

In our company we keep getting this strange warning whenever user tries to refresh project from Vault. This is really annoying, as this really does not finish project refresh, and the only real solution seems to be to delete local project folder and re-download full new project from Vault.

Anyone maybe seen this and would have some suggestions what can be wrong here?

Unfortunately, the 'log file at here' is never created...

refresh incomplete.png

long_not_found.png

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Dan.Scales
in reply to: jlipnickas

Hi @jlipnickas,

Is this an issue for just one user or does the same problem occur for others?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 9
jlipnickas
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hi @Dan.Scales,

Thanks for reply. This seems to occur to multiple users. It is not so, that it occurs all the time. After project is re-downloaded newly (by deleting local folder) it works fine for some time.

I can not really see some pattern on when it occurs, but usually we get this error after you don't use a project for a few days or so.

Is there some way we could enable more logging for the Vault add-in in AutoCAD?

Regards,

Justinas

Message 4 of 9
Dan.Scales

Hi @jlipnickas,

Is it possible that any of the project files have been accessed through Vault rather than through Plant 3D? 

Also, what happens when you run PLANTAUDITVAULTPROJECT. Are any errors found?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 9
jlipnickas

Hi Dan,

No, no project drawing files should be access from outside Project Manager. Some spec files or maybe xml settings (for isometrics or so) can be changed outside, but usually not that often as often we see this issue occurring. And to note, this is not happening on a one project, it is happening on multiple projects. Some are only 3D, some only P&ID, some contains both..

If we run PLANTAUDITVAULTPROJECT usually there is some errors or unlinked process lines detected, but it is usually fixed during the audit.

Looking forward for your further reply,

Regards,

Justinas

Message 6 of 9
Dan.Scales

Hi @jlipnickas,

I suspect that this may be a permissions issue.

Would it be possible to grant the user full admin rights and retest?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 7 of 9
jlipnickas

Hi @Dan.Scales,

I also get this issue on my user, and I am an Administrator in Vault, as well as administrator in Windows.

However, maybe I should mention that we use overridden security mode for our projects, as users should only have access to projects where they are assigned to in our setup.

Also, we are using a replicated vault setup, however on these particular projects we are not replicating Plant DB.

And we are using AutoCAD Plant 2017.1 version & Vault Professional 2017.0.1 server / clients.

Any other ideas? Is there really no way to increase logging on user / server side to maybe further debug the issue?

Kind Regards,

Justinas

Message 8 of 9
Dan.Scales

Hi @jlipnickas,

I think the next thing to check is whether the issue occurs if you remove the "overridden security mode".

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 9 of 9
jlipnickas

Hi @Dan.Scales

Sorry for late reply on this.

I have tested it, and it does not seem to make any difference if I disable "overridden security mode".

Any other ideas? Are we really the only ones having this issue?

Regards,

Justinas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost