AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Pipe size changing problem

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Artem_Marinin
642 Views, 5 Replies

Pipe size changing problem

Hello!

I have created a new connection type (PL_SP) and then have created a new pipe family with this type (by dublication PL connection pipe). It works almost well. But I've faced with one problem. When I have routed pipe and then change its size (by prorerties palett) I get an error with detail connection - so all the substituted parts are not connected. But when I use the Connect Component to Adjacent command all parts become connected. So why details can't be connected immediately after the replacement?

I can't understand a reason of this error. To reconnect all parts is very long. Please help me.

Please watch the little screencast about this error. Sorry, I couldn't record audio with my comments.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Artem Marinin
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bogdanov.y
in reply to: Artem_Marinin

Revise in spec editor, priority of elbows. There are yellow exclamation. It's necessary to change it to green circle, accepting priority (between elbow 45Āŗ and 90Āŗ for example)

Message 3 of 6

Hello @bogdanov.y,
Thank you for your reply.
I'm out of office until Friday. I will try when I return.

Best Regards,
Artem Marinin
Message 4 of 6
Dan.Scales

Hi @Artem_Marinin,

Are you able to share your test project here?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 6
Artem_Marinin
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hello @Dan.Scales

Yes, I have attached the Test project in rar. Please check it.

Edited by request
Discussion_Admin

Best Regards,
Artem Marinin
Message 6 of 6
Dan.Scales

Hi @Artem_Marinin,

This disconnect is occurring because of the custom pipe end type "PL_SP". It seems that something is hard coded that requires the pipes to have the end type of PL.

I have logged this with our developers.

In the meantime you will either need to manually reconnect the bends or use the PL end type for the pipes. 

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost