AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Service - Plant 3D

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
EEEEE_Liminator
1622 Views, 6 Replies

Pipe Service - Plant 3D

How do you edit or add pipe systems to Plant 3D?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi Elliott,

See attached image. Go into Project Setup.

Plant 3D DWG Settings>Plant 3D Class Definitions>P3D Linegroup

Click the Edit button

Choose "Services" in the next dialog, and you can add/edit services for your project.

thanks,

-damian

Damian Willcox
Sr. XD Architect
Message 3 of 7

This looks like it is the solution I am looking for, however I cannot click on the 'Edit' as it is greyed out?  Any reason for this?   (see atttached)

Thanks

Message 4 of 7

Oh yes - click in the "service" row.

Edit is disabled for rows that cannot be edited.

Damian Willcox
Sr. XD Architect
Message 5 of 7

Thanks!

Message 6 of 7

Once the service designations are added in the project properties, how do you apply the service to the 3D pipe?

After drawing the pipe, I normally add the insulation and misc information in the properties window. However, the "Service" designation is not shown under the Process section. In a default project set up, under the General tab of the properties window, the service is set up as an acquisition for the information entered in the Process Section.

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 7

I know this is an old post, so please forgive me... I haven't been able to locate an answer as of yet...

Is there a "back door" way to edit the service list? Is it contained in an XML file anywhere? The problem is that we have about 10 people in the project, and we're still setting it all up... but we can't make changes if someone is in any of the files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost