AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISOMETRICS

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
andre.a.de.souza
357 Views, 4 Replies

ISOMETRICS

Folks...

We use design pressure factor to split Isometrics (150PSI).

I figured out that when placing pipe and fittings even the connectors (the really small dot in between pipe and fitting), needs to have the same property or otherwise P3d will split the drawings in thousands.

The problem is that the connectors don't acquire the property of the pipe for design pressure factor and they are not configured in the pipe spec or catalog, as far as I can see.. 

Anyone know of a way to make connectors acquire this property from the pipe?

Thanks

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Ruffy85
in reply to: andre.a.de.souza

i dont know if i understood you correctly.

But first. use "plantwelddisplay" as a command and set the variable to on. Then the connectors should not be no longer small.

Second. Click with STRG+Leftmousebutton on the connectors dot. (The colour changes to yellow instead red, this is also possible at all automatically placed parts like, gasket, boltset, stubend and so on there you find much more about the point. There should also be the attribut Deisgn Pressure factor available

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).
Message 3 of 5
andre.a.de.souza
in reply to: Ruffy85

Thanks.

But this is what I mean:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8UV3nqOMV8&feature=youtu.be

Message 4 of 5
jabowabo
in reply to: andre.a.de.souza

You'll have to make design pressure factor a property assignable at the linegroup level. Then add the property to the all components (in project setup) you wish to acquire it from the linegroup (set them to acquire). You will also have to add the property to the items in your catalog - leave the values blank as they will acquire.  All instances of the property must be exactly the same and are case sensitive.

Message 5 of 5

Thanks.. great answer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost