AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

isoconfig filter for annotations that is not Type=?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
425 Views, 8 Replies

isoconfig filter for annotations that is not Type=?

In an iso style's isoconfig.xml, at the section <LayerScheme Name="Annotations", there is a Filter="AnnoMsgInsulationOrFlowArrow", which references a filter at the bottom of the isoconfig.xml (where all the filters are defined). 

This filter, <Filter Name="AnnoMsgInsulationOrFlowArrow" Value="Type LIKE 'Annotation*' etc., has only values that are of the form Type, but does anyone know any other Value= parameters that will work other than Type?  I'd like to remove cut piece list annotations from being affected by this filter, but since cut piece list annotations are of the type LIKE 'Annotation*', I'll need some other kind of parameter that only applies to cut piece list annotations. I've tried other properties of a cut list annotation such as TextStyle, Rotation, and LeaderStyle, but I haven't found anything that works except TYPE 'Annotation*'.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jabowabo
in reply to: Anonymous

TYPE

SKEY

ITEM-CODE

Category

<maybe others here too>

and

Any item property added to the iso.atr file. See here for further details: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-plant-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/...

ex:

iso.atr file line:  

EngineeringItems.SpNumber

isoconfig.xml filter:

<Filter Name="SP_Item" Value="NOT (SpNumber = '')" />

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jabowabo

That's good info, thanks, but do any of those things apply to a cut piece list annotation?  As for the iso.atr, how can I know what Attributes that a cut piece annotation has available for me to reference in that iso.atr?

I'd like to think that I could use the fact that all cut piece annotations describe only straight pipe, and so then choose a parameter that only a straight pipe can match, but in practice, that doesn't seem to work.  For example, I know my cut piece <A>, below, is for a pipe with [ITEM-CODE] = 'C1-311', yet using that as a filter parameter does not return <A> as a result (if it had, its text would be yellow in the picture, because it would be on a yellow layer rather than a white layer).  Unfortunately, this means that I seem to be limited to use of filter parameters that describe a cut-piece annotation directly (rather than indirectly the pipe that the cut-piece annotation describes), and so far, I've only found one that does this, 'Annotation*'.

<Filter Name="StandardCutPiece" Value="Type Like 'Annotation*' AND [ITEM-CODE] = 'C1-311'" />
In the above filter, StandardCutPiece is a custom name I just made up.

image.png

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I suppose I should come out and explain...my goal is to have cut piece annotations be on their own layer.  Right now, the Continuation annotations are being placed on the same layer as cut piece annotations, and I don't want that.  The most obvious solution is to create a filter that affects only cut piece annotations, and nothing else, and I'm having trouble doing that. 

To clarify, I realize that in my first post, I said I wanted a filter that would exclude cut piece annotations, but it doesn't matter which way it's done...exclude or include, either way would solve my problem.

Message 5 of 9
jabowabo

I think the only way is if there is some differentiation between the 'Type' property value. The filter has an asterisk wildcard:

Type Like 'Annotation*'

There is an 'AnnotationText*' and an 'AnnotationBlock*' at least. I don't know how they end or if there are any others. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Yes, you're right.  Unfortunately, cut piece & continuation annotations are both of the type AnnotationText, so that won't make a distinction between the two.  If that's all there is, though, then at least I know now.  Thanks.

Message 7 of 9
jabowabo

Type='AnnotationText' 

Does not work so there is part of the string that the wildcard (*) is seeing. I'm just not sure what it is. If you can figure it out, you may be able to accomplish what you are trying. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do that except trial and error (which is how I figured out the 'Text' and 'Block' parts).

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

And yet, the following, without the wildcard, does work:

Type Like 'AnnotationText'

So I'm not sure there's any more to it than that, but I see what you're saying, so I guess it's possible.   I'll look into it.

EDIT: I checked it, and actually, Type='AnnotationText' does work.  I'm not sure it didn't work in your test.  And if, for example, I add any stray character to the end of AnnotationText, then it fails.  So my guess is that there's nothing else to be done with regard to Type.

Message 9 of 9
jabowabo

I may have had a typo? If that's the case, unless someone else has any help, it seems like a dead end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost