AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO error, Reducer is not in a standard Top or Bottom Flat orientation

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jshubin
1178 Views, 12 Replies

ISO error, Reducer is not in a standard Top or Bottom Flat orientation

I've attached a dwg. These reducers are exactly the same. Line # "test1" is the original reducer. Line # "test2" is a copy of the first reducer (only difference is the x coordinate). 

I get the following warnings and errors on the "test1" line #, but not on the copy "test2" line#:

INFO    - Loading input: 'C:\Users\jps01\Documents\MM test\Isometric\Check_A2\PCFs\Test1.pcf'
WARNING - Positioning of 18"X12" Eccentric Reducer is not in a standard Top or Bottom Flat orientation.
INFO    - Loaded '1' model(s).
INFO    - Processing: 'Test1'.
WARNING - No break points have been specified.
INFO    - Model-split has been skipped.
WARNING - Invalid filter expression: 'Existing = 'false' AND SpoolNumber <> '''.
WARNING - Invalid filter expression: 'Existing = 'false' AND SpoolNumber <> '''.
INFO    - Generated drawing: 'C:\Users\jps01\Documents\MM test\Isometric\Check_A2\ProdIsos\Drawings\Test1.dwg'.
WARNING - No tables are configured to be exported.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ecc reducers.jpg

This may not be the place to complain (or ask for money back), but being that we've spent thousands on this Autodesk product, not to mention countless man hours diagnosing several different issues, I'm not very happy right now. My custom supports won't attach, I get fatal errors that crash Plant3d almost daily, start and break points don't always work, and now this.

Please help.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
h_eger
in reply to: jshubin

Hi @jshubin,

without words!!!
ECC Reducer.dwg is EMPTY?
I can not read these complaints learns to use the software correctly so you solve 99% your error!
Enclosed the solution!

27-04-_2017_09-25-43.jpg

27-04-_2017_09-26-42.jpg

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
jshubin
in reply to: h_eger

I attached before saving. Correct dwg is now attached. If someone could please exam why the reducer is producing errors. Thank you

@h_eger, these issues are NOT the result of using the software incorrectly!

1. My pipe support problem CONFIRMED as a "known issue by Autodesk.
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-forum/custom-pipe-support-creating-it-s-own-iso/m-p/...

2. Broken ISO annotations. How is an AUTOMATED PROCESS user's fault?
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-forum/iso-annotations-not-inline/m-p/7045623

3. Fatal Errors. Please explain the cause as user's fault why program repeatedly crashes after attaching RECAP files (laser scan data).

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-forum/fatal-error-of-death-is-back/m-p/7004015

Message 4 of 13
h_eger

Hi @jshubin

to your Reducer Drawing:
1. do you work in ortho mode?
2. you work with slope pipe?
3. you work with user-defined coordinate system

The Reducers are not in the pipeline orientation.
The tolerance setting in the "DefaultConnectorsConfig.xml" is responsible for this.
       <OffsetTolerance> 0 </ OffsetTolerance>
       <SlopeTolerance> 3 </ SlopeTolerance>

How is your working with pipe routing.
I can not understand how it came to your drawing.

28-04-_2017_08-13-09.jpg

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
jshubin

@h_eger wrote:

How is your working with pipe routing. I can not understand how it came to your drawing.

@h_eger

We work exclusively with scan data, which means (more often than not) we have to model our piping AS-BUILT (not as intended). Modeling a reducer at a slope is common for us if that's what the reducer is doing in real life - especially when creating new pipe runs around existing to avoid clashes. So that is how the reducer was placed where it is. Interestingly though, and what I wish to understand is WHY did the original reducer not ISO, but the copy would ISO? 

I'm not in the office but I don't see how your Ortho drawing of the two can be correct. The reducers should be IDENTICAL in their position as I mentioned above the second is a COPY (using the copy command), and is NOT a new reducer that was placed into the drawing. 

Lastly, if the tolerance was the issue then WHY would the reducer connect to the pup piece without a droplet? Out of tolerance would not allow a connection of the two, no?

Thank you.  

Message 6 of 13
h_eger

Hi @jshubin,

attached to the DWG as well as an iso with me it works with 2018.

28-04-_2017_15-48-05.jpg

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
darkhan.tursynkhan

I have the same problem, but I still cannot solve it. Do you have any ideas how fix it? I attach the picture of the iso with incorrect designation of the eccentric reducer

Message 8 of 13
h_eger
in reply to: darkhan.tursynkhan

Dear @darkhan.tursynkhan ,

unfortunately, I can not see anything in your picture.
Please give some details about your problem with ECC. Reducer

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
darkhan.tursynkhan

I am sorry for the bad quality picture, now it should be fine

Message 10 of 13
m.dupreez_epc

Hi there,

My reply is from a very dissatisfied point of view with Plant 3D 2022 & 2023, the isometric generation error specifically to these eccentric reducers is still a MASSIVE issue and not acceptable (see attached picture), this issue has been since 2022.1. We are executing projects with this headache costing our company money and time. UNACCEPTABLE.

PLEASE can we have a proper resolution to this issue.

Message 11 of 13
kmiaris

Hello,

Is there a solution to the problem with eccentric reducers that is shown in attached picture? This happens only with 2023.

Eccentric reducers.JPG

Message 12 of 13
h_eger

Dear @kmiaris ,

Please contact Autodesk Support.
I find this representation of exc. Reductions on the iso also not good.
I use P3D 2022 for isometrics and it still works as we know it.

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
Shambler

Hi guys, 

I have found a little work around after I also run into the same Issue. 

The Pipe Slope was the Problem and I also work with a little difference by 0.3mm as offset for my buttweld connections. 

Shambler_0-1676279146290.png

When I was creating the Isometric for this I've got the ECC RED Error. 

I've constructed the Line while I was in a passive slope modus (Slope on but set to 0) 

Shambler_1-1676279260508.png

This causes the Issue in my Isoimetric creation Process. 

After realizing that this is an issue I turned off the slope function: 

Shambler_2-1676279332851.png

Then I deleted the Reducer wich was connecting to the pump and the piece of pipe connected to the ECC RED.

After this I've set a new ECC RED in the Drirection Pump --> to the rest of my Line (=new pump & pipe).

Ive got a connection error on the Elbow but after setting the pipe I was able to connect the Pipe with the Elbow additional: 

Shambler_3-1676279564269.png

This works because I set the tolerance for my Buttwelds with an offset by 0.3mm !! 

The End of the Situation: The former piping has a slope of "0" and the the new parts a slope of "slope off".  

--------------------------------------
...you don't have to say please

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost