AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is their a way to insert a gasket by itself?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jw7018
2182 Views, 5 Replies

Is their a way to insert a gasket by itself?

Is their a way to insert a gasket by itself?  This would be done at X-REF equipment so I can generate an accurate BOM & ISO

Additionally, With weld gaps when I copy a section of a line to an existing line (see photos) I get drip marks, even though the connection has precision alignment to 0.0000" @ 0,0,0. What would cause that and how to correct it?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jabowabo
in reply to: jw7018

Right click the connecting component and select 'Connect component to adjacent'. This will allow you to connect to ports on xref equipment and other components in your model.

Message 3 of 6
PatrickByrne
in reply to: jabowabo

This was quite a useful feature in CadWorx. Our equipment was produced in Prosteel and we would add a gasket and then connect our piping to this. Because the gasket was there we could attach bolts to it.

To get bolts and gaskets in Plant 3D without having to remodel the connecting plant in the equipment module we let Plant 3D add the connecting flange and then make this extra flange Existing so it does not appear in the Material List, not ideal but it saves time.

Message 4 of 6
jw7018
in reply to: PatrickByrne

2-20-17.PNG

Message 5 of 6
pipingdesigner2012

I need multiple gasket options with different thicknesses and materials in the same spec for lined pipe. How can I make the connections and have them come out on the bill of meterials?

Message 6 of 6
pipingdesigner2012

This doesn't solve the problem of being able to insert gaskets as a component. How do we do that ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost