AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instrument-Angle PSV Valve Bubble Tag not showing in isometrics

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2048 Views, 8 Replies

Instrument-Angle PSV Valve Bubble Tag not showing in isometrics

Hi All,

I tried searching the forum on how to show Instrument bubble tag for specifically foe Pressure Safety Valve (PSV) but  still no success, Pressure Gauge instrument type works fine. Is their anything to add on iso.art & isoconfig.xml?

I appreciate if someone can guide me how to show the bubble tag for Instrument-Angle type. See attached screenshots of the Custom Part - Skey & Type, isometrics, isoconfig.xml and titleblock setup (using simple BOM, split Field and shop components).

psv-3dmodel.jpgpsv-iso.jpgpsv-isoconfig.jpgpsv-tbsetup.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
VinodBalasubramanian
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I believe you have already done the bubble tag. If you have questions you can refer to this link

http://www.pdoteam.com/2013/12/instrument-bubbles-on-isometrics-in-plant-3d/

As for adding it to the BOM can you elaborate the requirement here ?

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

Hi Vino,

Yes I manage to get the bubble tag works. I still need to add the instrument on the BOM. See screenshot below.

I am using simple BOM layout template, the answer i found in this forum was using Grouped with categories title.

INST-BOM.jpg

Message 4 of 9
VinodBalasubramanian

Thanks Ray. Can you check this one,

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-plant-3d/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

Hi Vinod,

Appreciate your reply. I saw that post already and that method works on "Group Category Title" BOM layout temple. What I am after is for "Simple BOM layout"

Anyways, I manage to show the Instruments in BOM adding Instrument group under AgregatedList "Material" as shown below. But my next hurdle is how to the tag number next to the Bubble tag.

One step at a time. 🙂 🙂

inst-bom1.jpginst-bom2.jpg

Message 6 of 9
DGRL

@Anonymous

See this article

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-plant-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-Plant-3D-How-to-include-a-valve-tag-in-the-isometric-drawing.html

Should do the trick also for instruments 

If this was of any help please kudo and/or Accept as Solution
Kind Regards
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: DGRL

Thanks DGRL,

I manage to show the bubble tag annotation and BOM, the only missing is the part number of the instrument as shown on my previous post.

Cheers,

Message 8 of 9
DGRL

@Anonymous

In your previous post you ended with "But my next hurdle is how to the tag number next to the Bubble tag."

The article i showed you gives the answer on your question

Open your isoconfigfile.xml and add this line

<ComponentScheme Name="InstrumentTag" AnnotationStyle="WipeCircle" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="AlwaysNonArrowed" Filter="Instrument" Fields="TAG" />

This will show the TAG of INSTRUMENTS on Isometric

Change the Filter="Instrument" into any class you want to show and it will show on isometric

HAPPY CODING 

If this was of any help please kudo and/or Accept as Solution
Kind Regards
Message 9 of 9
ejamesKCA95
in reply to: DGRL

I think perhaps he meant the part number. I too an trying to get the part number to show up next to the bubble. This way there is one leader line, pointing to the center of the bubble and then the part number is near the bubble. 

Thanks,

Erin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report