AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure accuratly in Navisworks for P3D model which is in State Plane Coordinates...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
354 Views, 2 Replies

How to measure accuratly in Navisworks for P3D model which is in State Plane Coordinates...

I am searching for a way to get the XYZ for dimensioning to follow the model.  I have tried rotating the UCS and the XYZ in Navis but the measurement is still incorrect orientation.  We need this so our laser scans from the Trimble will be correctly overlaid with the P3D model.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
h_eger
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear @Anonymous ,

why so complicated?
The laser scan should be created with reference to your Plant 3D coordinates, otherwise the subsequent work can hardly be grasped in time.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: h_eger

The P3D coordinate will match the State Plane Coordinates.  So if I set my model to those which may be rotated 45deg, then how can I get Navisworks to read that so when I measure, I get correct XYZ vs what I showed in the attachment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report