AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Department Settings and CUI

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
steven_wood
279 Views, 0 Replies

Department Settings and CUI

We are moving our department from AutoCAD 2016 to Plant 3D 2019. I want to have a smooth transition, set up everyone with Workspaces they are familiar with, and also locate all of our settings and CUIs on the network. Most of this is pretty easy, but I would love to see any posts/articles that you guys/gals know might help me. I'm good at setting up my station as I want, modifying the CUI, etc., but getting everyone on the same page, still having some flexibility, but also being able to deploy Department changes is where I'm struggling.

I will followup on this thread as I have future questions.

My currently issue is that there are a number of file locations in the settings that don't make sense (to me anyway) to move to the nextwork. For instance, the Printer Spooler File Location. This set to C:\Users\<user.name>\AppData\Local\Temp\. I would prefer for this to still be on each user's computer, but when I setup a "department" profile it uses my <user.name> address still.

Is there a way to fix this? Is there a completely better way to do this? Am I trying to deploy settings in completely the wrong way?

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta