AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d pipe networks into Plant 3d for higher level of detail

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
alethco
344 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3d pipe networks into Plant 3d for higher level of detail

Is it possible to bring a Civil 3d gravity pipe network into Plant 3d and use the network to model the lines in Plant 3d?

What I'm trying to do is increase the level of detail on the pipe networks to show fittings and other details. 

Labels (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
h_eger
in reply to: alethco

Dear @alethco ,

I do not know of any function to transfer Civli 3D piping directly into Plant 3D.
You would have to redesign everything in Plant 3D and lose the conectivity to Civil 3D in order to derive the shortened sections etc.
Since there is also no native data transfer from Plant 3D to Civil 3D.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
alethco
in reply to: h_eger

Thank you @h_eger  for your reply. I kinda figured that would be the case so that leads me to my next question. I'm relatively new to plant 3d is there a way that I can draw in a pipe network in plant 3d according to northing and eastings?

Message 4 of 6
h_eger

I have no idea about Civil 3d but if you explain what you mean by that:

I'm relatively new to plant 3d is there a way that I can draw in a pipe network in plant 3d according to northing and eastings

we can discuss it

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
alethco
in reply to: h_eger

So what I mean is if I'm going to re-draw the civil 3d networks into plant 3d I want to make sure that they are in the correct location Northing and Easting.  

How would I set up Plant 3d so I can draw in the correct location?  

Message 6 of 6
h_eger

Yes, of course it works with the coordinates.
We use the reference coordinates for Gauss-Krüger or UTM etc. so that we don't have a problem with the 7-8 digit coordinates.

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report