AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt Length in Isometric a Pc create correct ,another pc wrong in same spec

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lokman.aktas
319 Views, 7 Replies

Bolt Length in Isometric a Pc create correct ,another pc wrong in same spec

Hi Everyone;

I had share a problem with bolt length in my project you can see in this link.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-forum/bolt-length-with-flange-flange-amp-flange-butt...

I just aware that when I drawing a pipe line with an another pc in my office ,in same project and using same spec, the bolt length is corect. When i drawing on my computer, in same project and using same spec  then the bolt length is wrong. Also I drawing the pipe line with another pc  but creating isometric drawing with my pc then bolt legth correct. If drawing on my pc then wrong.

Bolt-Length_First_PC.jpgBolt-Length_Second_PC.jpg

If use second pc Bolt Legth wrong for Flange-BFV-Flange Connection. While caunt bolt length don't caunt Valve Length and showing as Flange-Flange connection.

I hope someone can help.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards

Lokman AKTAŞ
Mechanical Designer
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jabowabo
in reply to: lokman.aktas

Is the project located on a server?

Message 3 of 8
lokman.aktas
in reply to: jabowabo

Hi @jabowabo,

Yes .You are right.It is located on the server.

Best Regards

Lokman AKTAŞ
Mechanical Designer
Message 4 of 8
jabowabo

What does the flange thickness read for the BF valve in each model on each PC?

Message 5 of 8
lokman.aktas
in reply to: jabowabo

Hi @jabowabo,

It's a wafer type butterfly valve. I create a 3D Block later convert to Plant3D Part then create a catalog and i chose the block being  a referance to catolog.Only I enter Size ,OD & Pressure Class.

How i have to control flange thickness of BFV. I did not enter any information about that to catalog.

Thanks.

Best Regards

Lokman AKTAŞ
Mechanical Designer
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

"Also I drawing the pipe line with another pc  but creating isometric drawing with my pc then bolt legth correct. If drawing on my pc then wrong."

This suggests that your problem is with the properties of the components inserted into 3D.  Use PC #1 to draw your flange-valve-flage components, then use PC #2 to do the same thing (in the same .dwg).  Then select both valves (the one drawn by PC #1 and the one drawn by PC #2) and use the Properties palette to see what the differences are; there should be no differences other than unimportant differences like x,y,z position.  Repeat this comparison for the flanges too, and you should even compare the connectors.

Once you find the differences between the 3D components, that will give you a clue about how to solve your problem.  
Also, I know you said you're using the same spec, but make sure that both PCs are using the same PLANTMODIFYSHAREDCONTENTFOLDER, just to be sure.
Also, your wafer valve's Length must be set correctly.  It may be okay to have a null Flange Thickness for the wafer valve, because regardless of the valve's flange thickness, the valve's entire Length will have to be bolted across; OOTB wafer butterfly flanges have no Flange Thickness, FWIW.

Message 7 of 8
lokman.aktas
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for your interest and time.

As you said i examined everything.

Because of the project located on a server spec totaly same. Also when we change anything on catalog ,we valid on both pc file. First we revise on the server later copy to both pc shared location. I couldnt solve yet.

I will examine again as you said but I don't have any hope with this way.

Thanks.

Best Regards

Lokman AKTAŞ
Mechanical Designer
Message 8 of 8
Dan.Scales

Hi @lokman.aktas,

I made some suggestions to the other forum post you made regarding this.

Could you give them a try and see if it helps?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost