AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically set author for drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jan-TSpD
680 Views, 3 Replies

Automatically set author for drawings

Hello, is there a possibility to automatically set an author for drawings in AutoCAD or Plant 3D 2018 version.

My workstations name has been set to "owner" which is an author name i do not wish to use..

regards, Jan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhav.cadmanager
in reply to: Jan-TSpD

Hi,

What properties you need change? the file? or in Plant3D properties?

in Plant3D  the Author is put automatically  from username (GETVAR "loginname") (readonly),

After that you create the file, is possible change selected the file in Project Manager, click rigth mouse and properties.

Properties File Plant3D.png

Regards,

Roberto.

Message 3 of 4
Jan-TSpD
in reply to: rhav.cadmanager

Hi, i need the Author field to be my name, not the login name (this differs from my (author) name.

I know how to change the author name, but it would be nice to set a default for this.

regards, Jan

Message 4 of 4
lbellino4
in reply to: Jan-TSpD

Hello.

Were you able to figure this out? I'm asking because I'm trying to do the same thing in our titleblock. I can do this by creating a custom field (last image below), but I was curious if you or anyone knows why I couldn't use the fields highlighted in the second image attached? I tried both of these, but doesn't seem to work, but I could be doing something wrong here. Doesn't populate at all when I use these two different "author" fields, but if I do the custom field shown below, it works. I just have to set this up via "project setup". Thanks in advance.

Draw By.PNG

Field List.PNG

Custom field.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report