AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new spool to existing line

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tpham2001
312 Views, 3 Replies

Adding new spool to existing line

Hi All,

I have an existing line I need to extend with a spool piece. My Status is set at Existing, when I add a new spool it convert my entire existing to new. For example, I want to cut existing line at the elbow and add a spool piece. I want to show the contractor the location and cut length but can't because the entire line is now new. I cheated by having 1/8" gap at the ends. Also, I would like to create an ISO for this line as well, but by having gaps this will certainly affect the ISO.

Has anyone came across this issue before and how do you resolved it?

As always, thanks for your time.

Tee

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
h_eger
in reply to: tpham2001

Dear @tpham2001,

Simply add a weld and set the pipe section as NEW to the rest of the pipeline as EXISTING
The two welds for the new pipe piece changed to FIELD

2018-08-17_09-16-57.jpg

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
tpham2001
in reply to: h_eger

Good afternoon Betreff,

Thanks-you for your response. I apologize for not getting back sooner. I finished this project and thank goodness ISO was not require since its a small project. Currently, I'm on a holding pattern on another project; have some spare time and decided to revisit this issue. I added a weld there but on my piping still shown a "leakage/tear drop" symbol.

How are you able to add a weld (plantweldadd) and not getting the "leakage/tear drop" symbol.

Did you change all the piping to Existing, place a weld at distance and then change the section to New?

pipe spool.JPG

Again, thank-you for your time.

Message 4 of 4
tpham2001
in reply to: tpham2001

Okay, I think I figured this out. I could be wrong but I got it to work.

When using the PLANTWELDADD command, select the component and pick the mid point. I know this is not what you want but if you try to pick any distance, it doesn't work. Well, at least not for me.

Then I stretch the section as needed.

I'm sure there's a proper method, but after 1/2 hr playing with this command. the above method is the only way it will work for me. Now I'll ISO out and see if this work.

Thanks for you time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report