AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Ortho view boundaries reset whenever I edit the view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jacob.ellerbrock
241 Views, 4 Replies

3D Ortho view boundaries reset whenever I edit the view

Whenever I edit a view in a Plant 3D drawing, the viewport always resizes back to its default input. I then have to rescale and recrop everything I want. Not to mention reattach any leaders and such I have attached to the drawing. Is there a way to not make it go back to that initial size? I know when I update a view it doesn't change but get frustrated when it does this with the edited view.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
h_eger
in reply to: jacob.ellerbrock

Dear @jacob.ellerbrock ,

This way of working when updating ortho views is known. The only way left is either to set the view size correctly when creating it or to edit the ortho view window after each update.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jacob.ellerbrock
in reply to: h_eger

If it is known, is there plans to change it and/or improve it or is it left alone?

Message 4 of 5
jacob.ellerbrock
in reply to: h_eger

How would you go about this? I'm curious if there is a correct way?

Message 5 of 5
h_eger
in reply to: jacob.ellerbrock

I have tried to reproduce your problem in P3D 2023 but unfortunately without success. In my ortho it doesn't matter if I change the viewport's size after creating the view. For me, the view window remains the same size as I modified it, no matter how often I refresh the ortho view.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report