AutoCAD on mobile Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on mobile Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on mobile topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit dimension text in AutoCAD for ipad

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4380 Views, 6 Replies

How to edit dimension text in AutoCAD for ipad

Hi,

I'm a newb using Autocad on my iPad to do some as built drawings. I can add dimensions to a drawing which is easy enough but as the dimension text is not right because it's an asbuilt I want to be able to edit the dimension text, kind of override it as you can on full Autocad on a PC. Is this possible on Autocad for iPad?

TIA

olly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

i don't know what AutoCAD features are used on ipad , but have you try Edit dim tool or Ctrl+1 properties dialog . 

Message 3 of 7
pendean

AutoCADMOBILE, the app you get from the Apple Store? It does not work like the desktop version at all, for what you want you need to be on your PC/AutoCAD or accessing your PC/AutoCAD from your iPad if your I.T. department will grant you access.
Message 4 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

The dimensions are going to be connected to the geometry and cannot be "edited" like you can in the desktop versions. You can obviously modify the geometry to get the dimension to display the correct field measurement but I find it is easier too just add a piece of annotation with the field measurement.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am checking back to see if my post helped you with your problem or question. Please mark a post or posts as accepted solutions if they resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 7

Autocad app doesn’t work with commands unfortunately,,,,I m looking for if it can be possible, for now only a ‘’’’few”  “tools”,,,,not editable,,,,,so sod for AUTODESK - AUTOCAD APP 

@imadHabash wrote:

Hi,

i don't know what AutoCAD features are used on ipad , but have you try Edit dim tool or Ctrl+1 properties dialog . 

@imadHabash wrote:

Hi,

Sergio@tlayacapan
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

When we draw a line with a dimension 250 and we want to change it to 255, there is no option to change the dimension. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost