Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why 3D-Ojects Presspull in AutoCAD MEP not working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mariusvanwyk2216
1832 Views, 5 Replies

Why 3D-Ojects Presspull in AutoCAD MEP not working

Hi All,

Trying to create a quick 3d Pipe cut out. My presspull function is not working. I even made sure impliedface is set to 1.

Does anyone know what I am missing here. Dont know what else to check.

Any ideas as how to create a parametric pipe cut out to show here a pipe run ends and will continue on another layout.

Thanking all in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mariusvanwyk2216

I don't have a quick answer about your Press/Pull problem.  Could you describe what's happening (or not happening) with more detail? 

Try using the Cut Line annotation tool for your pipe.  I use it for my ductwork in both plan and isometric views to do what you're wanting.  You might have to dig it out of your content browser.  I don't remember if it was on my tool palette by default. 

Other than that, I don't know of a way to cut/slice/subtract the parametric parts without converting them into a 3d solid first.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 6
mariusvanwyk2216
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi All, See dwg attached. By using the subtract gives me a result that I need. But I still need to know why the prusspull function is not working evenwith impliedface set to one it still does not work.

Then see my text comments on dwg. Surly there is someone more experianced than I that can give me advice on how to create it as a parametric part based on a End Cap. It just looks like a cut out. I do 3D report drawings with materials added for concept reports. Dam it it has to look good ( with a pipe or duct cut off. showing the continuation of a pipe or duct.

Secondly

I know I can do a 3d Object. I know I can do a Block based part. BUT since 2005 (if i am Correct) has no one at Autodesk successfully created a parametric duct or pipe cut off ro indicate a continuation. This is very handy and looks technically correct when you do 3D details that are going to be viewed in 3D detail as 3D orbit or walk through.

I wold love to have a parametric pipe and duct cut off.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mariusvanwyk2216

I am working with duct lay-out on Autocad MEP 2011, I am using its built in duct template....so how can I convert it into 3d solid so that if I will be linking this file into my Revit MEP file it will be read as a solid entity...thanks

Message 5 of 6

Your best bet to create this parametrically is to create an MVPART endcap for duct and pipe.  Then in the symbol plane, create your curves using arcs and lines with tangential restraints.  This should allow your cut off to display correctly when in top down view. 

The reason why you probably don't see a cutoff from anyone is because it is not a real world part.  I create my models as exact as possible and then annotate the models.  This does mean that the type of annotation that they are used to seeing is not possilbe any more.  This is a BIM world and drawing lines and circles to convey the design just doesnt work anymore.  

Message 6 of 6
mariusvanwyk2216
in reply to: Anonymous

When I create say a 3D rectangle and i want to have a hole through it, you create a circle on the face and then use presspull to pull a hole. however it is not doing it. When I select or command line enter the prusspull function it should normally highlight the section either inside or outside the circle created on face of rectangular object. This is not happening and I therefore cannot presspull. I actualy have to create a cylinder and subtract it to get same result. Just need to know if I am not missing a specific setting that has to be on.

Regards

Marius

PS: Happy New Year, hope it will be a good one for all

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report