Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Backgrounds

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
paulmontuy
431 Views, 2 Replies

Updating Backgrounds

I'm new to AutoCad and still learning the ins and outs of the program. I work at an Engineering Firm as Drafter in the Electrical Department. There are times when a Client has sent new backgrounds and I've been asked to update our existing Backgrounds. I have read and understand and have been taught that it all has to do with Xrefs. I'm looking for a Step by Step rundown of what I need to do in order to accomplish this task: Changing the old background with a new dwg. file

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: paulmontuy

Start XREF command, select the XREF in question, then repath it to the new background so shows up in place of the old background https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoC...
Message 3 of 3

We "Xref" like he said, but each time we get a new file from the architect, we "clean up" the drawing and save it in an xref folder. (architects often have more than we need, we basically keep walls, doors, windows, plumbing and furniture.) When an updated drawing comes in, we clean it up again and replace the same drawing so that the xref automatically updates in all of our drawings. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost