Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe routing preference pipe schedules

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JRPalmer
503 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe routing preference pipe schedules

Is there a way to make my pipe routing preferences to be by schedule? Such as type K, L M copper or Sch 40, 80 steel?

Currently I can only pick between material type.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: JRPalmer

Yes, you just have to pick the correct fittings for that routing preference. So you will need to make sure that you separate your fittings correctly in your catalogs so that each schedule type is it’s own fitting.
Message 3 of 4
JRPalmer
in reply to: Keith.Brown

But is there way to add more categories? So I can have a catalog with both S40 and S80?

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: JRPalmer

I am not really sure what you mean.  If you mean can you have a catalog with both schedule 40 fittings and schedule 80 fittings then yes of course.

A simple example would be to open up the catalog editor and open up the butt weld catalog and then copy the butt weld elbow and rename it to include S40 in the name.  Copy it again and rename it to include S80 in the name.  You now have three elbows that are identical except for the name.  You can now go in and modify the size parameters and even add custom parameters that will call out the schedule thickness in your schedule tables.

It is important that each part has a unique name and description and in your case should be distinguishable by a schedule value in the name.  AutoCAD MEP will only display the first fitting that it finds.  If it finds a duplicate name then it will skip over it.  I believe that the description is what is shown when picking routing preferences but I cannot be 100 percent sure on that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost