Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MV PART TAGS

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1609 Views, 6 Replies

MV PART TAGS

I HAVE CREATED SEVERAL MV PARTS (FCU'S AND RTU'S).  I CAN TAG THEM, BUT I CAN NOT CHANGE THE INCREMENT NUMBER.  HOW DO I ADD THE EQUIPMENT TAG PROPERTY SET.  I HAVE TRIED THROUGH THE PROPERTY PALLETE / EXTENDED DATA / ADD PROPETY'S, BUT THAT PROPERTY SET IS NOT AN OPTION TO ADD.  ANY IDEAS?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

The way that I did it was to create a custom tag that grabbed informatin from the GTAGEQUIPMENTOBJECTS property set definition found  at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2010\enu\Styles\Imperial\Mechanical Equipment Tags and Schedules (US Imperial).  This property set has a MarkAutoIncrementNumberOveride property that you can input any number into to use to tag your object.

I have included a picture of a drawing of a tag that I created that uses the GTAGEQUIPMENTOBJECTS property set along with  the DUCTENGINEERINGDATA property set to tag a fan powered box. 

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Jerry

Could you post a drawing with your setup, makes it earier for me to see what you've done and what I can do to help

Ryan

MEP 2011

South Africa

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

I AM FAIRLY NEW TO CREATING MY OWN MV PARTS.I HAVE WATCHED SEVERAL TUTORALS ON MV-PARTS AND TAGS AND I KNOW I AM PROBABLY OVERLOOKING SOMETHING REALLY SMALL. THE ATTACHED DRAWING CONTAINS (3) DAIKIN VRV FCU'S.  I CAN TAG THEM,  BUT IT DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO ADD PROPERTY SETS.   I AM USING 2011 MEP. THE TAG IS AN OTB FCU TAG.  I HAVE TRIED OTHER EQUIPMENT TAGS AND THEY ARE ALL THE SAME. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP.

I HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO SIT DOWN AND TRY KBROWN,S SOLUTION YET TO SEE IF IT WORKS. HOPEFULLY TODAY.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I HAVE ALSO MADE SEVERAL AHU'S AND THE TAGS AUTO INCREMENT JUST FINE AND I CAN ADD ANY AHU PROPERTY SETS I WANT.  I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT I DID DIFFERENT.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Ok I figured it out what the issue is. The GTagEquipmentObjects Definition that you trying to apply is NOT set to be used with Fan Coil Units.

To correct it go to the Style manager, Property Set Definition and select the "GTagEquipmentObjects" Definition. Click the Applies to Tab and under the Classifications to the far right tick the "Fan Coil unit" and apply.

Ive attached a screen shot to help.

To avoid doing this everytime, just open up you template file and make the changes in there.

I still cant see why the the definition is not being added automatically to the Parts, will look into it and get back to you.

Hope it helps.

Ryan

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

THAT WORKS.  THANK YOU

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report