Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Vision Tools (2014->2016)

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
thomas.engel
16076 Views, 10 Replies

Missing Vision Tools (2014->2016)

Hey everyone,

I am testing AutoCAD (MEP) 2016 now and I am greatly missing the "Vision Tools" Tab that I first saw in AutoCAD (MEP) 2014.

I thought this would be the area where future express tools are being testet like other express tools going to other standard tabs.

I also see where some parts of the online help/support are referring to the Vision Tools Tab.

Can I display it somehow or is it gone?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Are you able to see this tab when you switch the workspace to Architecture?

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 3 of 11

Ah, yes, there it is! 🙂

Is it intended to show up only there? I am really courios about this section is getting expanded in the future.

Message 4 of 11

Yes, the tools were meant for use in Architecture workflow, with the Roombook feature being the sizeable one among all the Vision tools. What type of tools are you looking for to be added to Vision tools?

Regards,
Autodesk
Message 5 of 11

I am not looking for something special - just trying to use what you give us 🙂

So I used the Block-Tools often and specially the Displayorder helped me very much with problems in Layout-Windows and thought it was some kind of "additional Express Tool Tab" that will expand in the future.

I was mostly working within Electrics workspace (I am in building services business).

Message 6 of 11

Okay, thanks for the clarification.
Regards,
Autodesk
Message 7 of 11
beyhantrock
in reply to: Laks-Autodesk

I'm in AutoCAD LT and can't find a way to manage the layer orders.

Message 8 of 11
Laks-Autodesk
in reply to: beyhantrock

The Vision tools are specific to AutoCAD Architecture. It is not available for AutoCAD LT.

Regards,
Autodesk
Message 9 of 11
calle
in reply to: Laks-Autodesk

I cant seem to find Vision tools in Autocad Architecture 2016. Just started to use it, because I liked 2015 so much. Escarpment for example, is at very good tool. 

But as I am writing this, 2017 is being downloaded, so I will go directly on to 2017.

Thoe I like the automaticly elevation object adding. Hope that stays with 2017

Calle

Message 10 of 11
edelahaye
in reply to: thomas.engel

I am looking for the Vision tools tab to help with the order my layers are displayed.

I'm trying to follow this:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2...

I'm using AutoCAD Map 3D 2017 and I don't have the Architecture workspace.

I'm also typing aeclayerorder into my commandline as suggested in the above link but it is unknown.

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Message 11 of 11

AutoCAD has a command CDORDER in Express Tools, because most users use colors assigned to different layers to distingush different entities, so a "Draw order by color" command is good enough for most of us.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost