Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MEP UK Catalogs

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
stuartlauriston
730 Views, 5 Replies

MEP UK Catalogs

Hi,

I have recently uninstalled my Building Design Suite package of which i mainly used autocad MEP. Since reinstalling it I have no UK MEP catalogs available. I have navigated to the MEP2017/ENU/MEPcontent/UK file and there are no .apc files in the folder. I have tried repairing the program and reinstalling it with no success. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

When you install AutoCAD MEP you need to customize the content and then add the catalogs at that point.  There should be an option for the UK catalogs as well as other catalogs.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the response Keith. I uninstalled the program and went back through the installation process and made sure the UK catalog was ticked but i still have no .apc files in the UK catalog when I check file explorer. 

Message 4 of 6

Hi @stuartlauriston,

Thank you for posting your question here in the community. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to access the UK content.

Sometimes certain content packs don't install properly. Particularly, when the UK content pack is missing content, you may need to uninstall the UK content pack as well as the US Metric content pack, and then reinstall them both.

Here are the instructions to do that, without resorting to a full uninstall/reinstall of the program. Let me know if this helps you gain access to the UK content.

Have a great weekend!

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the advice on how to sort this out. I managed to get around it by having an older version of MEP on a different computer on our network and took the .apc files from that and put it in the corresponding folder for my MEP. subsequently a member of Autodesk has also sent me a link to download the catalogs as port of a support request.

This has been a total pain for about a week all starting from running out of space on my C drive! 

Message 6 of 6

Hi @stuartlauriston,

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted, although sorry it about the frustration you experienced trying to get the content to show up. Let me know if you need anything further to help with this issue.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost