Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphic Reducer/Transition Trapezoid

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
erniealoma
576 Views, 5 Replies

Graphic Reducer/Transition Trapezoid

I want the reducers to show normally in 2-line display (which I use for isometrics). 

But I need to “reduce” them, or at least permanently hide them on a customized 1-line display (that I use for Plans)

The only way I know how to do this is:

Select the reducer, go to Properties > Display controlled by Pipe Fitting Style. Under display component, turn off Single Line Graphical & Single Line Graphical Hidden But this requires doing this for every type of reducer/transition

Do you know where this annoying trapezoid is located? I need to get rid of it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @erniealoma,

Thank you for posting your question.

You might be able to control this at the Display Configuration level. If you open the Display Manager > Representations by Object > Pipe Fittings, all of the displays are listed here. You might have more control over the single-line display of all fittings in the drawing here (although I don't see the exact options that are available at the style level which you listed above).

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Hi Victoria,

Please see attached DWG and jpg files.

The display configurations I use are:

MEP Schematic (Alex-Plumb) for Plan View

MEP Basic 2-line for Isometric View 

The key here is that, on plan view, I want to keep displaying elbows and tees like I currently am, BUT the reducer (transition) single line-Graphical display is unacceptable.

Where does AutoCAD store the reducer 1-line Graphical geometry (that trapezoid)? I need to get rid of it for plans to be acceptable.

The procedure I described on my 1st email (turn off one by one) is available via:

Selecting the reducer > Properties palette >  Display controlled by: Pipe fitting style : 1x0.75...> Display component > Turn off single line - graphical

If you want to do a 30 second webex I can show you what I mean.

I'm not the only MEP struggling with this. Please help.

Thanks.

Alexander Sol

alexs@sdmcorp.com

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Victoria,

The ideal option would be to find a way to "scale" the symbol, which unfortunately seems hard-coded.

However, I  did figure out how to hide only reducers in only 1 particular display set (at the set level). Below is my temporary solution:

Display manager > Sets > MEP Schematic – Plan (Alex-Plumb) > Display Options

Uncheck “transitions” ONLY for that display set.

Please let me know if Autodesk finds a way to "edit" the trapezoid blocks.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous, @erniealoma,

I'm drawing the same conclusion you've come to - I believe this is hard-coded, and you'll need to use the workflow you found to control the display for the time being.

It would make a good enhancement to the program though, which I'd encourage you to request via our Product Feedback page. Requests submitted here by customers go directly to the product team who make these types of decisions.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I'm glad I found this thread.  I've got my pipe rises and drops nice, my elbows, my tees, all looking right.... but these reducers are 100 times larger than everything else.

And what's sad, is I've found the schematic symbol files, and they don't even resemble the piping 1-line representation.  These reducers are a serious problem for all of my building piping.  Every discipline (Fire protection, chilled water, coolant, natural gas, potable water, industrial waste, ATF supply...) requires pipe size changes, and I can't draw them.  The plan layouts look like complete cartoons.

This is stopping us in our tracks right now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost