Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Exporting gbXML File from AutoCAD MEP 2024

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
patrickZDETW
323 Views, 1 Reply

Error Exporting gbXML File from AutoCAD MEP 2024

Hello,
I have been trying to fix this issue for days now and I am at a loss.
I have walls, a space, and a zone attached to the space. I export to .XML using the prompt: GBXMLEXPORT
I then receive an error that the space doesn't have a "type" which you can see in the attached images.

I have read elsewhere that this is a "glitch" or whatnot and will not affect anything. However, when I import into EnergyPro 9, I receive the messages/errors in the attached images. I reached out to EnergyPro's customer service and they are saying it is a bad export from AutoCAD.

My coworker is not having this issue with AutoCAD MEP 2020, and I have looked through settings, properties, etc. with no luck on why this is happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (5)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alexjhird
in reply to: patrickZDETW

It appears that the issue with the space "type" in AutoCAD MEP 2024 is causing errors during the gbXML export. As a workaround, you might try using AutoCAD MEP 2020 for exporting until this issue is resolved, or check for any updates or patches from Autodesk that address this glitch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report