Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Details in AutoCAD MEP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tamanna.moon
395 Views, 3 Replies

Duct Details in AutoCAD MEP

Hi,

I am new to AutoCAD MEP. I was wondering if it could enter all the duct details automatically? Like duct size, cut length, reference, insulation tag etc. Online research did not help much. I have tried all the solutions out there (there is not much though) but none seems to work. Any kind of help or tips would be highly appreciated. I have attached a sample screenshot of how I want it to be. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @tamanna.moon,

Thank you for posting your question and welcome to the community!

Are you asking for the information to populate automatically as you tag the ducts with an annotation tool?

What are you seeing instead of the information displayed in your screenshot?

Are you adding property set data to the objects as they're drawn or after the fact (See Options > AEC Object Settings tab > AEC Property Set Definitions > checked or unchecked?)?

Or are you wanting the tags to automatically appear and populate as you draw the ducts? 

If so, you'd likely need to automate this with some kind of customized script. If this is the case, you may want to pose the question in the Customization forum instead.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Victoria.Studley

Thank you for your reply. The screenshot I have attached is done in AutoCAD LT. I have been trying to tag the ducts like that in AutoCAD MEP. It would be awesome if it could do that automatically as I draw the duct. Even if it can't do that, I am happy to make a customized tag but it should enter the exact properties I want as I click on each piece of duct. I have tried to make that customized tag but it works for mvparts but not for duct pieces. So far it feels like AutoCAD MEP is not meant for mechanical shop drawings.

Message 4 of 4

Hi @tamanna.moon,

Could you please try the process outlined in the following article? It should allow you to create a custom tag that includes whichever properties you need in your duct tag:

How to create a custom tag in AutoCAD MEP or AutoCAD Architecture

In your case, you'll need to add the properties of the duct that you want to display to the tag.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost