Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conduit not connecting

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ahicks_ATS
1187 Views, 7 Replies

Conduit not connecting

I've got two pieces of conduit that should be connecting but aren't.  Is there a way to help once conduit snap into the other conduit?  
I'm new to autocad so I think its probably something simple that I'm not doing.

Capture.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi @ahicks_ATS,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community and thanks for posting your question here!

These warnings typically display when the conduit (or other object) isn't completely connected to the next fitting or length.

If you hover over them, solution tips will pop up with suggestions for fixing the problem. In the case of conduits, they typical display this message:

Conduit_Warnings.png

You may be able to use the grips on the length of conduit to adjust it so that it connects properly to the fitting. Could you try that and let us know if it works for you?

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 8

When I use the grips to bring them together they don't snap together.  I don't know why they are lined up almost perfectly.  I assume Autocad would make any corrections needed to connect them.  Such as realigning them just a little. 

Message 4 of 8

Hi @ahicks_ATS,

That does seem a little odd, but it's difficult to narrow down what's happening without seeing the file itself. Could you attach it to your next post? (If it's too large, pare it down to just the conduits in question to reduce the size.)

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 8
JoeVernice
in reply to: ahicks_ATS

AutoCAD MEP definitely does NOT make minor "corrections" needed to connect two conduits. For example, if the Z values of two conduits are not exactly the same, the conduits will never connect. In a case like this use point filters or just redraw what's needed. Also, check for a slope value other than zero (in the properties palette) while drawing the conduit. If you click on the "+" sign at the end of the conduit fitting to extend it, is it shown as connected?

JMV

Message 6 of 8
ahicks_ATS
in reply to: JoeVernice

Gotcha.  We had the only guy at my job who did AutoCAD quit suddenly so I'm trying to figure it out enough to hold us over.  Other question: why when I extend a conduit in AutoCAD does the length jump so much and not change smoothly?

Message 7 of 8
JoeVernice

One cause can be the plane you are drawing in. While drawing or extending a conduit with the compass visible you can change work planes by typing "P" then enter (repeat to cycle through all options). If the compass is not visible you can turn it on by typing "C" while drawing or extending a conduit. Also check your snap setting "F9", it should be off.

http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoCAD-MEP/files/GUID-187D931E-893B-47C1-A69A-82F554B66...

JMV
Message 8 of 8
Hertz_Hound

Watch for slope like jvernice mentioned. Some how I had a rack of conduits where the slope was off a small amount. Maybe due to a precision setting, the slope read 0. They were off by a decimal amount and would not connect. Very frustrating until you find it. I had to type 0 in for slope, even though it was already reporting it was at 0.

Another thing that seems to get corrupt sometimes is the the conduit object snaps. I remember reading about a fix. I just use the node object snap to get through it. Hopefully it is towards the end of coordination when it happens. If there are no view or sheet drawings associated or devices, then I will copy and paste all the conduit into a new drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost